Max Casino/Wyndham Garden Hotel is currently accepting applications for a Front Desk Clerk. The position will be a full-time position. The employee will go through a training period which will consist on working on days, swing, and graveyard shifts to learn all the aspects of the Front Desk operations, once training ends the employee will be put on a permanent schedule. The position will start at $10.00 per hour. We offer medical, dental, vision insurance after 60 days, and vacation and PTO days after one year. All potential applications will need to pass a background check and drug test before hire.
Essential Job Functions Include:
- Greet guests and patrons as they arrive
- Ask if guests have a prior booking
- Manage the registration process
- Ask for identification and ensure that the provided credentials are accurate
- Handle guest check-ins and check-outs appropriately
- Take all incoming calls to the hotel and casino and provide information to callers, and transfer calls to their appropriate locations.
- Manage accurate accounting of all rooms
- Provide guests with room keys and radio when someone wants help with their luggage
- Take reservations over the telephone, through emails and in person
- Answer queries regarding the hotel’s services, charges, dining facilities, sports activities and travel directions
- Refer guests to appropriate departments to resolve complaints or provide suggestions
- Compute bills and take payments in cash or credit cards.
- Provide guests with directions around the hotel
- Contact housekeeping and maintenance departments when a problem is reported
- Explain appropriate use of keys and ensure that guests are satisfied with the rooms allotted to them
- Balance cash at the end of the shift and generate accounting reports for the benefit of the next shift.
- Take your daily bank to the cashier's cage for an accurate count.
- Minimum of 6 months experience as a front desk clerk
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Knowledge of Opera system preferred
- Computer experience required
- Cash handling experience required.
If you are interested in the above position, you can submit your resume via email to the address shown. Or you can apply in person at the Max Casino, 900 S. Carson Street, Carson City, NV 89701.