Administrate is a training management platform used by hundreds of companies around the world to plan, design, deliver, and measure learning and development for their employees and customers. Our mission is to provide an industry-leading platform that enables enterprises to run their training function more efficiently and effectively so that they can focus more on connecting with people than administrating programs.
We are a fast growing, energetic company, with an established global customer base, a solid core team, and a clear vision. Our head office is in the city centre of Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland. We also have offices in Bozeman, Montana and Beirut, Lebanon.
We are looking for a new Sales Engineer to join our team. The Sales Engineer reports to the Product department but fundamentally works as a part of the Sales team to deliver new business revenue goals. They define key business problems for Administrate’s enterprise level prospects and define solutions to those problems through configuration, integration and occasionally new product features. They can be based at any of our office locations or entirely remote. Note: this position is not eligible for relocation.
You love solving problems and delivering value. You have extensive experience of designing (and selling) solutions for a complex, Business-to-Business (B2B) Software-as-a-Service product. You are an excellent communicator who knows when to listen and when to take the lead. You can think on your feet but for complex problems you’re confident in saying what you don’t know and happy to whiteboard a solution to bring back to the group, bringing in the right people to help form the solution when needed. You have experience in technical environments, and understand how to dissect a technical landscape and create solutions within them. You love efficiency and delivering value quickly. You understand enterprise and can can quickly garner respect and confidence with industry decision makers. B2B sales and the complexities of the sales process. You are comfortable working as part of a team or independently, and you're comfortable working remotely across time zones but not afraid to hop onto a train or a plane to be face to face with a customer when needed. You are a team first person who gets satisfaction from seeing your team and the customer succeed.
What You'll Do
You will work directly with our commercial teams to identify solutions for Administrate’s enterprise level customer base in order to deliver the value they need and integrate into the customers’ existing technology ecosystem. You will collaborate heavily with our Professional Services team to ensure we deliver the right solution for the customer.
This role includes working closely with the product team to shape strategic direction for the company’s products. You’ll be the key conduit that helps bring a solution to the table in sales and ensure it is feasibly for delivery within Engineering or Professional Services.
- Support our Sales, Account Management and Professional Services teams to understand and document business problems and design solutions for customers which ultimately make them more successful.
- Work closely with our commercial teams to lead customers toward a solution and a decision point.
- Oversee outsourced development teams in a product management role to create generally available solutions driven by a given customer solution.
- Define and prioritize projects that solve customer problems and drive Administrate toward its strategic vision.
- Provide internal training to our commercial teams.
- Identify and facilitate commercial partnerships which could help the sales process
What You’ll Need
- Deep experience with B2B enterprise sales
- Experience selling complex technical solutions.
- Software engineering background with experience in technical teams building web based products.
- Excellent problem solving skills, you are able to look beyond the individual request to see the true need in the customer and how to solve it.
- Outstanding communication (both written and verbal) skills which you will use to interact both externally with our prospects and customers, and internally with multiple departments.
- A high sense of ownership and accountability and the ability to work independently to achieve company objectives.
- You are both empathetic and practical, able to hear customer pain and identify the best solutions that provide the greatest value as quickly as possible and work within the Administrate vision.
- Technical skills that include familiarity with programming concepts and relational databases.
- Strong “systems thinking” skills and background.
- Experience architecting solutions integrating web tools into an existing technical ecosystem.
It would also be great if you had:
- Experience working with agile software teams.
- Existing relationships with EdTech companies that could be potential partners.
- Leadership skills to bring to the table as the sales engineering team grows.