Administrate is a training management platform used by hundreds of companies around the world to plan, design, deliver, and measure learning and development for their employees and customers. Our mission is to provide an industry-leading platform that enables enterprises to run their training function more efficiently and effectively so that they can focus more on connecting with people than administrating programs.
Our platform has evolved a lot in recent years, taking us up market, squarely into the enterprise tech space. We’re delighted with the success we’ve experienced so far, and we enjoy working together. Our headquarters are in Edinburgh, Scotland's capital city. We also have offices in Beirut, Lebanon and in Bozeman, Montana.
We're looking for a new designer to join our team who will own our brand identity. This role will be based in the UK and can be a fully remote position.
It's our dream at Administrate to be the Ultimate Human Organization. We might build software, but that's not the only area where we add value to our customers; our people are what make us and our customers successful. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because we believe it makes our company stronger. If you share our values we'd love to hear from you.
Who You Are
You're passionate about the confluence of design and marketing strategy. You’ve developed visual identity for B2B brands and have a robust portfolio of work that demonstrates your impact.
You thrive on a blend of strategy and production. You have the experience and eye for art direction, but still love designing for the full range of marketing and sales deliverables. You know the value of a good brand style guide and have the relationship management skills to help others adhere to it.
You’re a web-first designer who is equally comfortable in HTML and CSS as in the Adobe Suite, and you’ve led or highly influenced a website redesign or two. You’re holistic in your design philosophy. You maintain a high value of brand experience congruency across channels and know how to facilitate that experience visually.
You’re a life-long learner. You remain a student of your craft. You look forward to giving and receiving feedback as opportunities to grow and strengthen key working relationships. You stay connected to emerging design trends in Marketing and are constantly researching competitors and industry leaders for opportunities to distinguish this brand in the market.
You’re comfortable in a one-person design situation. This role is the sole designer within our small-but-mighty Marketing team. While there are other designers in the company for creative connection, delivering for the Marketing team will be up to you. You’re competitive by nature and like to help the team win.
You love to work with smart, creative people and hate mediocrity. Small teams, dynamic organizations, and flexible working environments are what you thrive in. You’re self-driven and relentlessly optimistic. To you, obstacles are opportunities waiting for a creative solution.
Work hard. Work smart. Work Well.
What You'll Do
You’ll be responsible for elevating the visual identity of the Administrate brand, ensuring all expressions of our design appeals to and performs well within our priority North American market. You’ll be the creative lead of all we do as a Marketing team with real responsibility for developing and producing the visual brand experience, online and off.
You will be responsible for:
- Owning the visual experience of the Administrate brand, including the creation and management of all brand assets and our brand guidelines.
- Owning the visual design of our WordPress website (currently ready for a redesign), various landing pages and other microsites, as necessary. (You’ll have a partner for backend management.)
- Designing for the full range of Marketing assets across all channels and assets, including but not limited to: social media, email, ebooks, white papers, industry reports, sales enablement materials, and trade show booths.
This is an ideal position for someone who has acquired substantial Marketing design experience and is ready to offer more strategic, creative influence on a dynamic brand.
What You’ll Need
- A robust portfolio of work, demonstrating how you have guided a competitive brand to improve performance through better design. Bonus points for website redesigns and/or work with SaaS brands.
- A strong grasp of B2B Marketing best practices and how design plays a role in its success.
- Ability to take full responsibility for projects and deliver them on time to a high standard.
- Mastery of design tools, including: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
- Extensive experience with WordPress, being able to:
- Work within themes and provide moderate customization
- HTML/CSS code authoring/modification
- Understanding of UX principles as it relates to Marketing design for conversion optimization.
What You'll Get
- Enjoy working as part of a talented team where everyone’s input is valued
- An unrivaled work/life balance – you work a 4-day, 32-hour, week but get paid for 5 days!
- 22 days holiday per year (based on a 4 day week) plus 6 Company holidays
- Great tools – MacBook, 27” monitor, mechanical keyboard etc
- Flexible working schedule
- Retirement savings via Legal and General
- Life assurance of 4 times salary
- Entirely private and confidential access to our resident therapist