AMCS is the leading global supplier of smart resource software and vehicle technology solutions for the waste, recycling and environmental services industry. Our enterprise software, SaaS and vehicle technology solutions deliver digital innovation to the emerging circular economy in North America.
This role involves providing service and maintenance of on-board Hardware and Software on refuse collection vehicles. The role may involve significant travel within the US and overnight stays at customer locations. The successful candidate must be willing to travel at short notice and must be flexible on working hours.
- Install, commission and test AMCS hardware and software products including all wiring and mechanical work on refuse collection vehicles
- Troubleshoot, repair and fully test equipment failures in the field.
- Deliver a timely response to our customer base
- Schedule and perform preventative maintenance procedures
- Maintain accurate and up to date records for all work completed
- Comply with the AMCS quality standards.
- Monitor the performance of equipment in the field, through data reports, to ensure that it meets both Customers and AMCS’s minimum requirements
- Liaise with customers pro-actively to ensure early detection of any problems.
- As part of the Installation/Field Service team, actively engage with other team members for effective knowledge transfer to ensure consistent quality.
- Record and report all service / repair visits correctly using our service ERP system so we can actively meet and / or exceed the expectations of our customers.
- Responsible for actively reporting and exchanging customer experiences and difficulties where you will also identify opportunities with the associated sales people so we can respond accordingly.
- Actively report any complaints encountered to the respective service coordinator and/or the field service manager.
- Accountable for Service parts inventory within the specified territory where you will manage and follow allocated stock inventory in order to maintain a high first time fix rate.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years’ experience in a Field Service or Engineering role
- Good diagnostic and problem solving skills.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Have the ability to work on own initiative and to multi-task.
- Hold valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to demonstrate a hands-on approach.
- Willingness to Travel up to 75%
- Must be computer literate
- Mechanical, practical hands on experience would be essential
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - written, verbal, listening.
- Strong understanding of customer service.
- Ability to promote a strong sense of urgency to complete tasks on time
- Ability to solve practical, hands on, technical problems resourcefully
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, accompanied with strong execution and organizational skills