AMCS Group is a global leader in the business and operational management software and vehicle technology for the recycling and waste management industry. AMCS’ software is managing over £3bn worth of transactions annually, over 14,000 vehicles and in excess of 3,000 sites.
ELEMOS, the company‘s flagship ERP software platform, is designed specifically for the waste and recycling industry. It is a comprehensive feature-rich, modular software suite which manages all elements of the resource recovery process from customer management, route planning, collections, and invoicing through to material sales and brokerage. It is combined with on-vehicle technology products such as dynamic bin weighing, RFID and on-vehicle computing to deliver an integrated end-to-end solution for C&I, recycling and municipal operators.
We currently have a requirement for a Hardware Development Engineer, located at our HQ in Limerick.
Work as a member of the Vehicle Technology development team, contributing to the development and support of the devices and systems that make up the AMCS onboard vehicle solution. Key responsibilities include:
· Contribute strongly to new hardware development projects in terms of input to technical requirements and design.
· Be point of contact for all interaction with hardware design and manufacture partners in terms of developing new products and taking new products to production.
· Responsible for managing the firmware and OS release process for hardware products.
· Provide T3 level support for resolving all issues associated with the deployment of the Vehicle Technology products.
· Responsible for developing / configuring solutions and provide support for integrations with new devices and third party systems.
· Work with the manufacturing department on all issues related to the bring up and manufacture of new products.
· Work with the Product department to assist with the definition and configuration of production systems in terms of kit / cable harness design etc.
· Responsible for the day to day running of the lab. Ensure the lab equipment is maintained and the area is tidy.
Qualifications and personal attributes
· Degree in Electrical Engineering / Technology or equivalent plus minimum 3- 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
· Experience with hardware development, PCB design and manufacture.
· Experience with product development for an automotive environment, including emissions, environmental considerations an advantage.
· Knowledge of low level communications protocols (RS232/485, SPI, I2C, CAN)
· Knowledge of LF and UHF RFID technologies.
· Knowledge of Visual Studio, C# / C++ and ability to use development IDE and debugging tools to assist with diagnosing / debugging issues.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to communicate clearly, effectively, and form effective working relationships with colleagues.
· High levels of drive and energy.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
· Enthusiasm and general interest in Hardware / Software Development.
· Commitment to on-going personal development