Why join our team?
AMCS is the leading global technology company providing innovative solutions to the environmental services industry through the AMCS Platform. Established in Limerick, Ireland in 2003, the company continues to grow operations globally and today employs 550+ people across 11 countries. AMCS delivers enterprise cloud-based software solutions for the waste and recycling industry worldwide supporting 2,650+ customers in 22 countries.
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Android Developer for our Limerick HQ
- Design, develop and often lead projects of medium to high complexity.
- Develop custom applications and modify existing applications to meet distinct and changing business requirements.
- Code and debug software applications.
- Function within a SCRUM team and participate in planning, analysis, design, development, testing, production roll-out, bug fixes, and enhancements.
- Support the QA group in developing test plans, test scripts and preparing for production releases.
- Provide post-implementation and on-going production support as an on-call programmer.
- Support and troubleshoot complex production problems.
- Participate in research, evaluation and development of new technologies.
- Review error logs and assist others in debugging.
Key Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree or acceptable amount of technical experience
- At least 4 years of software development experience, including advanced Mobile / Android development knowledge
- Cross Platform Software Experience (e.g. Xamarin, Cordova/PhoneGap)
- Strong tablet and phone app programming experience with C#, .Net
- Strong knowledge and experience working with XML Web Services
- Software development experience with large scale commercial Websites or Apps
- Strong knowledge and experience with Visual Studio
- Experience with Git and other source control solutions
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK
- Experience with Android UI Design
- Experience with REST and JSON
- Experience with Service APIs
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs