Why join our team?
AMCS is the leading global technology company providing innovative solutions to the environmental services industry through the AMCS Platform. Established in Limerick, Ireland in 2003, the company continues to grow operations globally and today employs 550+ people across 11 countries. AMCS delivers enterprise cloud-based software solutions for the waste and recycling industry worldwide supporting 2,650+ customers in 22 countries.
Due to the expansion of our Software Development teams, we are looking to recruit an experienced Senior SQL DBA, working closely with our DevOps & Support teams.
· Troubleshoot and resolve Level 3/4 issues across multiple customers and product lines.
· Work closely with the AMCS Development to create workarounds and resolve issues.
· Take the lead in the analysis of application and database performance issues.
· Service Performance tuning & optimization.
· Creation of T-SQL and PowerShell scrips as required.
· Creation and maintenance of troubleshooting and alerting tooling.
· Creation and implementation of proactive service maintenance plans.
· Creation of quality documentation including RCAs.
· Specification and delivery of custom reports and templates. SSRS (RDL/RDLC) /
· Provide Technical leadership and training to Support Engineers.
· Working closely to Product Management to continuously improve the non-functional
feature of the AMCS product set (e.g. DB archiving strategies)
· Degree in computer science or equivalent.
· Experience in Microsoft SQL Server development, including stored procedure creation,
query tuning and report deployment.
· 10+ years of troubleshooting Microsoft based solutions (IIS + SQL Server) on high volume
· Experience in a customer facing role is essential.
· Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and
third party tools such as DPA
· Deployment and configuration of web applications to Microsoft IIS servers.
· Excellent SQL/T-SQL and Powershell scripting ability
· Experience in large ETL/Data migrations
· Knowledge experience of mobile communications software an advantage.
· Excellent knowledge of indexes, index management and statistics
· Experience with SSIS packages development and deployments
· An understanding of software engineering principles and processes.
· ITIL knowledge and experience