AMCS Group is a global leader in the business and operational management software and vehicle technology for the recycling and waste management industry. AMCS’ software is managing over €3bn worth of transactions annually, over 14,000 vehicles and in excess of 3,000 sites.
Our software platform, is designed specifically for the waste and recycling industry. It is a comprehensive feature-rich, modular software suite which manages all elements of the resource recovery process from customer management, route planning, collections, and invoicing through to material sales and brokerage. It is combined with on-vehicle technology products such as dynamic bin weighing, RFID and on-vehicle computing to deliver an integrated end-to-end solution for C&I, recycling and municipal operators.
We currently have a requirement for a Software QA Engineer, based at our Limerick office.
- Work as part of a scrum team as a QA tester.
- Work with Product Owners and the team to define the Definition of Done.
- Actively collaborating with developers and business stakeholders to clarify user stories and acceptance criteria, especially in terms of testability, consistency, and completeness.
- Writing test cases to cover current sprint development while maintaining an overall regression test suite.
- Report bugs/defects from during test execution and verify that resolved bugs have been fixed in test environment.
- Participating proactively in daily stand-up meetings, backlog refinement sessions, team retrospectives, suggesting and implementing improvements.
- Assist the team in terms of test automation techniques and implementation.
- Execute performance and load tests on the system and reporting back top improvements and regressions, while identifying any gaps.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years’ experience in an Information Technology environment specialising in Software QA.
- Experience using Microsoft TFS and Test Manager a distinct advantage.
- Experience with test automation using Microsoft MS Test, Web Test, Coded UI and Performance and Load testing tools.
- Experience testing Windows based client/server applications.
- Experience with T-SQL and SQL Server 2008 R2 or later.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Experience working as part of a remote team.
- Good communication skills.