Why join our team?
AMCS is the leading global technology company providing innovative solutions to the environmental services industry through the AMCS Platform. Established in Limerick, Ireland in 2003, the company continues to grow operations globally and today employs 550+ people across 11 countries. AMCS delivers enterprise cloud-based software solutions for the waste and recycling industry worldwide supporting 2,650+ customers in 22 countries.
We currently have a requirement for a consultant within route optimization at the AMCS Rotterdam offices. As consultant you will be part of the professional services team that is responsible for implementing our route optimization software packages at customers.
The AMCS routing solutions are very complex software packages based on advanced optimization algorithms and state of the art software technology. As the solutions are mission critical to our customers it requires the highest degree of skills and dedication of the implementation team.
As a consultant you will be involved in many different parts of the implementation project: technical design and specifications, installation, test, documentation, training, etc. As we are working with small, dedicated implementation teams, a high degree of responsibility and versatility is required from the consultants. Parts of the job will be carried out from the AMCS offices in Rotterdam, but there will also be activities on site at the customer with direct interaction with super users, IT professionals, project management, etc.
- Work as a part of the AMCS implementation team together with
- Secure that solution design is robust and matches requirements
and expectations from the customer
- Secure that integration between AMCS products and 3rd party software
packages is functional and robust
- Make actual installations, testing, documentation and training of super users
and IT at the customer site
- Secure that the customer benefits from the solution
Desired Skills and Experience
- Master Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Operations Research or equivalent.
Previous work experience is not required
- Advanced IT skills within Windows, XML, XSLT, SQL
- Ability to understand and explain complex problems
- Ability to work for demanding customers
- Structured and organized
- Good communication skills
- Logistic knowledge is an advantage but not a requirement
- Driver license (B)
- Fluent in Dutch and English. German skills is an advantage