Why join our team?
AMCS is the leading global technology company providing innovative solutions to the environmental services industry through the AMCS Platform. Established in Limerick, Ireland in 2003, the company continues to grow operations globally and today employs 550+ people across 11 countries. AMCS delivers enterprise cloud-based software solutions for the waste and recycling industry worldwide supporting 2,650+ customers in 22 countries.
We currently have a requirement for a Senior Project Manager for Intelligent Optimisation, based in our Copenhagen office. The Project Manager will work with the Intelligent Optimisation Professional Services team to deliver solutions to our existing and future customer base, primarily in the Nordic region.
· Responsible for the successful end to end delivery of Software Implementation projects using
the AMCS Solution set
· Focused delivery of all aspects of project management including project scope definition, risk
management, adaptable project scheduling, resource management, and consistent project
documentation and reporting.
· Must be results oriented and drive to ensure successful completion of the projects on time,
on budget and within the defined scope while leading through influence and with solid soft skills
· Provide regular reporting to applicable managers, executive team, and the client as required.
· Audit, monitor and lead correction process to ensure project and resource data is maintained
consistently in accordance with standards and methodologies.
· Escalate issues in an appropriate, timely, and tactful manner.
· Actively participate in resolution of issues and conflicts, internally as well as with clients and
other vendors where appropriate.
· Ensure that their portfolio of projects is well documented and meets all defined goals.
· Engage in scoping and requirements gathering for new and existing projects as necessary.
· Provide leadership to the project implementation team.
· Be able to understand customer requirements and relate these back to the project delivery team or
software development team where appropriate.
· The successful candidate may be asked to undertake other duties outside of this description as assigned.
Travel both domestic and international will be at approx 40% of the role.
Desired Skills and Experience
· Degree or equivalent qualification in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business studies.
· Project Management qualification would be desirable; e.g. PRINCE2®, PMI® or IPMA.
· Experience with implementing IT solutions based on MS technologies.
· Practical experience in relation to managing hosted solutions, web services.
· Experience in the Waste Management or Logistics sector would be advantageous.
· A good knowledge of Software Engineering principles.
· Fluent English and Danish/Scandinavian language skills.
· Excellent communication and personal skills, able to communicate clearly, effectively, and form
effective working relationships with customers, colleagues, suppliers and third parties.
· High levels of drive and energy.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
· Clear sense of ownership of issues and their outcomes.
About AMCS Intelligent Optimisation
We specialize in transport optimization systems for truck fleets across a range of industries like waste, recycling, oil and building materials. We have mastered this for more than 15 years now and continue to grow.
As a member of our Professional Services department, you will be part of our dedicated team of more than 20 consultants in the Danish office in Copenhagen. Here you will be involved in delivering advanced planning and control solutions for our customers. The AMCS Intelligent Optimisation solutions are very complex software packages based on advanced optimization algorithms and state of the art software technology.
At AMCS Denmark, we work in a flat structure with a high level of personal responsibility. We use each other for continuous support and growth, in the belief that this is how we find the best solutions. We focus on understanding our customers business in order to deliver the solutions they need. We take pride in our work and in our products and we are, more than anything else, motivated by making our customers happy.
The atmosphere in the office is positive and relaxed. We have all the traditional perks like breakfast, good lunch, (loads of) coffee, and fredagsbar - we also have a brewing club and other nice recurring social arrangements!
Regardless of where you have your key interests, we promise a challenging and exciting work environment!