Senior Product Owner (Payments)
Why join our team?
AMCS is a global technology company providing innovative solutions to the environmental services industry through the AMCS Platform. Our vision is to be the leading enabler of the Circular Economy - empowering environmental services operators and municipalities with a portfolio of innovative software and digital solutions. Our team currently support over 2,650 customers in 23 countries around the world.
We currently have a requirement for an experienced Senior Payments Product Owner to join our team at our global Product team. This can be a remote working role anywhere in the UK.
The Senior Product Owner will work with a Product Manager in the Digital Payment Solutions team to deliver market leading payment solutions to our Waste & Recycling customers. This role focuses on carrying out detailed analysis of technical and functional requirements as well as market trends and customer needs, and is responsible for the creation of user stories that will be developed by a development team.
As the Senior Product Owner, you will be responsible for managing one or more products owning the backlog, prioritising feature development and triaging issues. In addition, you will manage the translation of requirements into supporting user stories for the platform’s. This role interacts with product leaders, product managers, technology teams (scrum masters, technical team leads, architecture etc.) to deliver innovative high-quality digital payment solutions aligned with the AMCS Platform roadmap.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Work as a senior product owner within the product team and a key resource within a an Agile development team of developers & QA resources.
· Analyse and manage requirements, and collaboratively planning, prioritizing, and tracking work.
· Manage and maintain a product backlog for the product(s) that you manage. This includes engaging with internal and external stakeholders to obtain input requests and triage issues raised.
· Develop detailed functional & non-functional requirements through Agile user stories and other requirements documentation.
· Translate business requirements into functional and technical requirements, identify technical challenges and work with architecture and technical team leads to define appropriate solutions.
· Manage development teams deliverables including re-prioritization of stories and functionality in a fast moving environment where priorities can change to meet business needs.
· Coordinate release planning and publish appropriate release documentation in collaboration with the Product Manager.
· Maintain knowledge of various payment methods & processing flows, card brand regulations, technology and competitive trends in the electronic payment industry.
· Validate functionality via design reviews, test case reviews and acceptance testing.
· Collaborate with development team leads to adapt processes, evolving procedures and drive continuous improvement.
· A minimum of 5+ years of experience as a Product Owner in SaaS, technology environment on an agile development team.
· Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including executives, managers and subject matter experts.
· Excellent organization, multi-tasking, decision making, and relationship building skills.
· Experience in payments technology is required
· Bachelor’s degree - preferably in Business, Finance, or Computer Science
Below are some additional skills and experience that would be advantageous but not essential
- An understanding of SCA and 3D Secure V2
- Strong knowledge of PCI environment requirements
- Knowledge of ISO 20022 relating to payments and cards
- Exposure to Forex transaction processing preferred
- Exposure to settlement and reconciliation processes
- Understanding of RESTful api principles.
- Experience with payment technologies including POS, ACH, Direct Debit, card payment gateway integrations, PCI DSS, and PSD2