Software Implementation Consultant
Why join our team?
AMCS is the leading global technology company providing innovative solutions to the environmental services industry through the AMCS Platform. Established in Ireland in 2003, the company continues to grow operations globally and today employs 600+ people across 16 countries. AMCS delivers enterprise cloud-based software solutions for the waste and recycling industry worldwide supporting 2,650+ customers in 22 countries.
We currently have requirements for Application Consultants to work with our Netherlands' based teams, located at our offices in Amsterdam. We can also consider successful candidates for our offices in Rotterdam or Nijmegen. These consultants will join our Professional Services team
As an Application Consultant you will develop the ability to elicit and understand the business needs of the Customer, and the skills to identify how these needs can best be met by the solutions and services AMCS provides. You will be involved in activities such as advising and guiding Customers in the best practice implementation of our standard software solutions, and work as part of a Professional Services Delivery team to successfully implement these solutions. The Consultant will be expected to develop industry, domain and AMCS solution expertise, and be capable of leading the Customer to leverage the best business practices in the industry.
Responsibilities will include:
• Develop an strong/expert understanding of the AMCS solutions, industry best practices and supported business processes.
• Work as part of a project team to map Customer business processes, identyfing areas of improvement using AMCS solutions
• Lead/Participate in Customer workshops to map business processes, define requirements and scope, and to develop specifications for project deployments and roadmap development.
• Document business outcomes and specifications to illustrate agreed processes and blueprint configurations to be adopted
• Contribute to testing efforts to ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported and resolved in a timely manner.
• Leverage AMCS’ collaborative Solution Delivery Methodology and best practices to provide guidance, consultation and direction.
• Actively participate in resolution of issues and conflicts, internally as well as with Customers and other 3rd parties where appropriate.
• Help build the knowledge base within Professional Services and other areas of the business, including lessons learned, best practices, tools, methods and training
• Work with other functions witin AMCS as needed to ensure successful delivery of Customer solutions
• Meet the performance and development goals assigned to your role
• Adhere to AMCS Policies of Code of Conduct/Ethics; Security and required training available at AMCS Academy.
The successful candidate may be asked to undertake other duties outside of this description as assigned.
Desired Education, Skills & Experience:
• Degree in computer science, Information Systems, Business Studies or equivalent.
• MBO / HBO, business / financial literate;
• 3+ years experience in a similar role
• Experience as a Consultant in process automation is an advantage;
• Experience with implementing software is an advantage;
• Experience in the waste industry is an advantage;
• Good knowledge of financial and billing applications an advantage
• Customer facing experience – participating in meetings with customers, providing input to resolve issues, and driving actions to completion.
• Demonstrate the ability to apply sound judgement to any situation and negotiate the best outcome for all involved parties.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to communicate both written and verbally with project team(s), AMCS management and Customers.
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), especially with regards to consulting with, and providing information to Customers
• A good knowledge of software engineering principles
• Proven ability to work as part of a team
• Working area throughout the Netherlands, and occasionally further afield
• Be in possession of driving license B.
• Fluent in Dutch, with good English language skills
A really great, energetic and dynamic company to work for
AMCS is headquartered in Ireland, with offices across Europe, the US and Australia / Asia, with approximately 550+ employees and over 2750+ customers. At AMCS, innovation, dedication and loyalty are core values. This is reflected in our workforce: many employees have worked with us for many years.
You will work in a modern open office in Molenhoek or Diemen that has many different types of workplaces and where there is plenty of opportunity for informal consultation. The offices are easily accessible by car and public transport (train and bus).
Good primary and secondary employment conditions