Vehicle Technology Engineer
Why Join our Team ?
AMCS Group is a global leader in the provision of management software and hardware to the waste and recycling industry. The global waste and recovery industry is estimated to be worth in excess of $10bn and AMCS’ solutions are managing over $3bn worth of transactions annually, over 14,000 vehicles and in excess of 3,000 sites across Europe, the US and elsewhere. In 2014 AMCS has extended its operations to Australia and New Zealand where its core ERP software ELEMOS is aimed at the major waste companies in the region. With the growing demand for weight and volume based billing in the region, AMCS is keen to promote its on-vehicle identification and weighing solutions in the region to complement its extensive suite of software products. AMCS have been supplying on-vehicle solutions to the waste industry since the company was formed in 2004 and is certain that it’s pedigree in this space will mean it will be well placed to meet the demand for this technology in the region. Whilst the technology is fully designed and developed internally there will be some region specific challenges which will need to be met around certification and optimum setup for the market.
We currently have a requirement for a Vehicle Technology Engineer, based from our office in Auckland.
AMCS is looking for a dynamic candidate who is interested in joining the AMCS team in to help ensure that our hardware solutions meet the needs of the customers and industry in the region as well as working with our development team to ensure the solution meets any future requirements as well.
- You will be headquartered in AMCS’ office in Auckland but frequent travel throughout and New Zealand will be a requirement.
- Train and Support local installation partners on AMCS’ existing and new hardware platforms.
- Liaise with AMCS’ hardware development team to understand and solve regional challenges for the installation and maintenance of the products.
- Track and Maintain AMCS’ Asset Management System.
- Report to regional and global management on system, installation and support partner performance and track company specified KPIs for same.
- Assist Attaining Verification and Type Approval for systems in the region.
- Provide hardware knowledge and support to AMCS Sales Team members in the region.
- Prepare end user and technical user documentation for environmental products.
- Attend customer sites for meetings, service reviews and new vehicle type installations when necessary.
- You will be involved in product improvement program, consulting to customer & monitoring of performance metrics.
Person Specification – Profile
- Third level or advanced qualification in electronics or an associated engineering discipline.
- Experience in automotive, industrial electrics, telecoms or computer based discipline a distinct advantage
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), especially with regards to providing information to clients.
- Customer support experience- taking customer calls provide support via e-mail, phone & on site.
- The ability to investigate queries, diagnose, trouble shoot and resolve technical queries An understanding of software, hardware or electrical engineering principles.
- Practical experience in low voltage circuits and system installations.
- A logical problem solving mentality when it comes to regional installation and configuration challenges.
- An ability to communicate and describe industry based problems to the AMCS R&D Development Team.
- Exposure or understanding of process driven software packages