Cook, Day Shift Hours
Anthology Senior Living of Simsbury, CT 06089 (142 Cooper Avenue ) is currently seeking a Cook to join our team!
As a Cook, you will support the delivery and execution of quality food service to residents and guests. This role will join a supportive and high-performing team with the aim of redefining senior living and delivering top level results. The Cook will primarily work to prepare fresh, nutritious, appealing, and delicious meals for our residents, team members, prospective residents, families, and guests.
The ideal candidate is a natural in the kitchen, a people person at their core, and is excited by serving seniors. You will be able to follow plans and menus and execute meals on time with minimal supervision, and you will contribute to a positive and safe workplace environment.
Reports to: Director of Culinary
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Shift: Full-Time/Part-Time Hours available 6:30am -3pm
- At least two years’ previous experience in kitchens; hotels, hospitals, senior living, and related operations preferred
- A high school diploma or equivalent certificate
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment and cooking techniques
- Basic knife skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Fluent in the English language
- Current Food Handler certificate or First Aid Certification is a plus
- Positive attitude and the ability to work well with all people, particularly seniors
Your Working Conditions:
- Position requires the ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers to handle and feel, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl
- Must be able to taste and smell
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Vision to maneuver around crowded rooms
- “No job too small” mentality, with a naturally innovative and creative nature
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents, and vendors
- Occasional weekend or evening work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemicals, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
Full Time Benefits:
- Benefits eligibility starting 1 of the month following hire date for *Full Time employees!
- Robust benefits plan offerings including: Medical (PPO and HSA plans available), Dental, Vision, Critical Illness, Accident Insurance, HSA, FSA, Voluntary Life Insurance, Protection Pack
- Employer paid: Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Generous Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Free employee meal daily
- Monthly employee recognition programs and incentives
- Flexible Scheduling with OnShift
- Fun and engaging team environment
- Employee referral bonus program
About Us: At Anthology Senior Living, we exist to make remarkable impacts on the lives we touch. We strive to do just that by providing our residents with a boutique-inspired experience through the best hospitality and care every day. Our communities are beautifully and purposely built for the discerning resident; one who does not want to compromise what is important to them as they deal with the new realities of aging. Every resident and employee has a unique story, and by celebrating the individual, we create a stronger community fueled by the power of connection.
About You: A compassionate leader who seeks an opportunity to do what you love, while touching the lives of those people we have the honor to care for and serve. An entrepreneurial spirit who is excited and motivated by the prospect of relentlessly pursuing and continually setting a new standard in senior living.
Apply today to be considered for this position—join our story at Anthology Senior Living!