Working in a collaborative and creative environment, this role involves:
- Ability to produce and interpret requirement briefs and specifications
- Deep and practical understanding of software development
- Should be comfortable with direct verbal and written communication with all levels of technical and business resources
- Effective at working on multiple, simultaneous projects
- Carry out system testing and documentation
- Working with other members of the development team to deliver robust, focussed solutions
- Proactive and self starter
As well as a rewarding career, development opportunities and competitive salary, you’ll also enjoy 20 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays), pension and an option to purchase childcare vouchers.
- A complete understanding of PHP, frameworks such as Zend, Cake or Symphony
- Extremely strong in SQL and proficient in using and optimising MySQL
- Extremely strong OO design concepts
- In-depth Knowledge of MVC
- Exceptional HTML5/CSS skills (hand-coded)
- Thorough understanding of and implementing web services (SOAP, REST with JSON/XML)
- Rich UI development using touch events and navigations
- Experience in iOS and Android mobile development OR cross-platform mobile applications
- Experience in PhoneGap and Sencha Touch to build Apps for iOS, Android and Windows Mobile
- Experience with Jenkins for continuous integration
- Experience with automation (build environments and Regression testing) alongside experience of scripting languages, in particular Python, used within Continuous Integration and Test Frameworks
- Exposure to code repositories such as GIT or SVN
- Iterative and Agile development methodologies
- LAMP stack/Linux administration experience and familiarity with the development of content management systems
- Google Compute and App Engine exposure
- Team Leader or managerial exposure
Experience of providing technical support and/or training to a non-technical audience would also be beneficial. You will enjoy working in a creative environment and want to work with a talented team in order to create cutting edge apps.
This is a role for a talented and ambitious senior developer who thrives on the pursuit of operational excellence and has a track record of delivering productivity, efficiency and quality improvement. We are specifically looking for:
- Graduate calibre, ideally with an ICT or related degree
- A minimum of 5 - 7 years’ commercial experience in software/mobile development
- Demonstrable experience of working as part of and mentoring multi-disciplined delivery teams
- Demonstrable experience of delivering projects to agreed specifications
- High level analytical, verbal and written presentation skills
- A proven team player with a strong record of development and engagement
AppInstitute is an award winning (Telegraph Top 50 most creative companies in England) and dynamic technology start-up company based in the Lace Market in the heart of Nottingham's vibrant Creative Quarter. As a five-year-old company, revenue generating and Private Equity funded we are well placed to implement our long-term business vision of delivering a technology that enables SMEs to improve sales, drive loyalty and streamline communications.
Our core product is a cloud-based SaaS solution that allows the easy creation of iPhone and Android Apps for SMEs, without any coding or tech skills. We’re not an App development company; we’re a platform provider and Apps are the output of that platform.
We're looking for developers who are passionate about technology, not just 9-5, but 24/7 and who have the right skills match. We are at an exciting phase of acceleration so join the team and enjoy benefits of a tech startup working environment, foosball table, table tennis, free pizza, 3D printing, shiny new 27” iMac and flexible working hours.
If you’re looking for opportunities to improve and strengthen your development experience and career growth then AppInstitute is for you.
This role is for Nottingham, UK and is office based.
Our Core Values:
CHANGE IS OPPORTUNITY - We're a technologically forward thinking company, we embrace change, welcome it and always look for the opportunity in every change we see happen; whether that be emerging technology, shifting markets or consumer behaviour patterns, we seek opportunities to give our customers competitive advantages and to further refine our business.
DELIVER WOW - We're not happy with OK. We always aim to deliver WOW to our customers, whether that be with our value for money, intuitive software, or with great customer service.
BE CRAZY - To innovate we need to be a little crazy, think out of the box and be agile. Don't be afraid to fail - fail fast and learn quick, to find the best solutions for our customers and business.
HAPPY PEOPLE - We are all one big family; founders, employees, contractors, suppliers and customers. To be happy, we all need to be happy. Don't take yourself too seriously, have fun at work, play hard, work hard and spread the love to your family members.
GET STUFF DONE - Progress is important, procrastinate at peril, deliver deliver deliver. We strive to deliver, make progress, go live and keep moving forward.