Operations Manager (Kampala, Uganda)
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Operations Director
Employment Type: Full time
Closing Date: 24 May 2019
About our client
Our client is a leading education consultancy that assists students in the GCC and East Africa with careers guidance, university selection and admissions, and student visas applications. They work with over 300 leading universities in the UK, Canada, USA, Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia and Eastern Europe.
As well as the head office in Dubai and an administrative office in London, our client has recruitment offices in major cities across East Africa: Nairobi, Eldoret and Mombasa in Kenya, Dar-Es-Salaam (Tanzania), Kampala (Uganda), Mauritius, and Kigali (Rwanda).
Summary of Role
We are looking for a skilled Operations Manager to oversee the wide variety of day-to-day office management and support tasks in the growing Kampala office in Uganda. You will be an integral part of supporting our student recruitment activities, ensuring that our back office runs smoothly and successfully in support of our counselling and marketing roles. We are looking for an organised and enthusiastic professional with phenomenal communication skills and an outstanding personality. You should be comfortable dealing with people and managing the office environment. The goal is to ensure that our office operations are efficient and add maximum value to the organisation.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Ensuring customer satisfaction through the smooth functioning of the office activities
· Ensuring efficient usage of office resources
· Ensuring all the necessary resources are available for the planned marketing and student recruitment activities
· Supporting the recruitment team at key promotional events e.g. exhibitions/open days etc.
· Exploring new areas and ways to achieve the set targets for self and all the staff of the particular office
· Using a range of office software, including email, spreadsheets and databases; managing filing systems etc.
· Developing and implementing new administrative systems, such as record management; recording office expenditure and managing the approved budget
· Ensuring adequate staff levels to cover for absences and peaks in workload, sometimes by using temping agencies
· Accurate reporting of the day-to-day activities of offices to the Head Office
Person Specification and Key Competencies
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience as an Office/Operations Manager or similar role
· Excellent command of MS Office and similar IT systems
· Excellent organizational and leadership skills
· Outstanding communication abilities, written and oral
· Bachelor’s degree
· Experience of work in transnational education sector, ideally in admissions or recruitment
· Awareness of student/agent management systems
· USD 2000-5000 per month
· Other allowances depending on location
Apply online through our portal with CV and Covering Letter