International Admissions Counselor (Higher Education)
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Employment Type: Full time
Closing Date: 01 June 2019
About our client
Our client is a leading education consultancy which assists students in the GCC and East Africa with careers guidance, university selection and admissions, and student visa applications. They work with over 300 leading universities in the UK, Canada, USA, Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia and Eastern Europe.
As well as the head office in Dubai and an administrative office in London, our client has recruitment offices in major cities across East Africa: Nairobi, Eldoret and Mombasa in Kenya, Dar-Es-Salaam (Tanzania), Kampala (Uganda), Mauritius, and Kigali (Rwanda). The company is also in the process of expansion in South East Asia.
Summary of Role
We are seeking an experienced Admissions Counselor (International Higher Education), who will be responsible for providing regular counseling and daily reports on international college application options. As part of a small counseling team the successful candidate will be taking responsibility for the full spectrum of student recruitment activities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide professional level counseling on higher education opportunities available to students, parents, and professionals;
- Conduct regular research on counseling opportunities with educational institutions, parents and sponsoring bodies;
- Build relationships and assist representatives of partner colleges and universities when they are in region;
- Assist in planning and delivering events such as School Visits, Open Days, Career Fairs and others;
- Conduct presentations on universities, application and visa processes, life/study overseas, pre-departure brefiings etc.;
- Maintain and update the office supply of promotional and other marketing materials;
- Other duties as assigned.
Person Specification and Key Competencies
- University degree (U.S./U.K. study preferred);
- Verbal and written fluency in English (and Arabic preferred);
- Demonstrable knowledge of school and college education systems;
- Minimum of 2 years international HE counseling experience in the UAE
- Strong network of UAE school counselors and sponsor contacts
- High level of attention to detail and demonstrated organizational ability;
- Excellent time management, planning and implementation and computer/internet skills;
- Demonstrated commitment to international education and cultural exchange;
- Strong and confident presentation abilities;
- Strong cross-cultural and communication skills;
- Experience in planning seminars, conferences, workshops, and other public events;
- Availability for work after regular working hours and on weekends as necessary.
- Base salary plus uncapped bonus potential
Apply online through Arddel Consulting portal with CV and Covering Letter