Lead Mechanic - Full Time - Harrisburg PA
Lead Mechanic coordinates and make sure repairs are completed in a timely manner. Lead Mechanic include, inspecting work to make sure standards have been met, ordering mechanical parts, using diagnostic equipment, providing support and advice with repairs, conducting road tests, and maintaining repair equipment. This position will be an assistant to the shop manager and assume that role when shop manager is off.
FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE $5,000 SIGN-ON-BONUS
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of all vehicles and equipment.
- Monitors a preventative maintenance program to assure cost effective maintenance and a scheduled maintenance program to provide maintenance by manufacturers specifications.
- Maintains a complete inventory system through recording of all expenditures and income of each vehicle, maintenance equipment, fuel, repair parts, supplies, etc.
- Welds; replaces parts; repairs parts; repairs electrical systems; diagnoses vehicles for minor body and fender work; performs tune ups and engine overhauls; troubleshoots problems when needed.
- Examines reports for accuracy on each vehicle and piece of equipment repaired; writes work orders for vehicles and equipment repaired
- Keeps maintenance and repair records; performs preventive maintenance on all departmental vehicles; orders repair parts.
- Checks all repair work performed in shop for completeness. This includes physical inspections and road tests before vehicle is turned back to the user.
- Performs related duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Graduation from High School plus course work in auto and truck mechanics at a trade school and six (6) years experience as a diesel truck mechanic, or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a valid Pennsylvania Commercial Driver's License.
- Possession of the following is highly desirable Master ASE certifications in Medium/Heavy Truck Technician necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities.
- Knowledge of methods, techniques and procedures involved in maintenance repairs and replacement.
- Considerable knowledge of safety practices and techniques in mechanics; considerable knowledge of diesel and gas engine mechanics; considerable knowledge of vehicle make-up; considerable knowledge of parts and supplies required.
- Ability to function and perform effectively as a mechanic, manager and supervisor.
- Ability to plan, organize and direct the work of skilled, semi-skilled, and unskilled employees engaged in repair and maintenance of vehicles and equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment with accuracy and speed; ability to create effective working relationships with employees.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.