Diesel Mechanic - Full Time - Harrisburg PA
Diesel Mechanic is responsible for making sure repairs are completed in a timely manner, inspecting work to make sure standards have been met, ordering mechanical parts, using diagnostic equipment, conducting road tests, and maintaining repair equipment. Working in the shop, yard and on the road when necessary.
Our competitive pay rates are from $18 to $24 per hour depending on experience.
Area Storage & Transfer is a family-owned company with over 30 years of experience. We now have three Headquarters and more than 150 Tractors. We are also proud to say that we've been working with the United States Postal Service for over 30 years.
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of vehicles and equipment.
- Monitors a preventative maintenance program to assure cost effective maintenance and a scheduled maintenance program to provide maintenance by manufacturers specifications.
- Maintains a complete inventory system through recording of all expenditures and income of each vehicle, maintenance equipment, fuel, repair parts, supplies, etc.
- Welds; replaces parts; repairs parts; repairs electrical systems; diagnoses vehicles for minor body and fender work; performs tune ups and engine overhauls; troubleshoots problems when needed.
- Examines reports for accuracy on each vehicle and piece of equipment repaired; writes work orders for vehicles and equipment repaired
- Keeps maintenance and repair records; performs preventive maintenance on all departmental vehicles; orders repair parts.
- Checks repair work performed for completeness. This includes physical inspections and road tests before vehicle is turned back to the user.
- Performs related duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Graduation from High School plus 3 to 5 years experience as a diesel truck mechanic, or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Pennsylvania Commercial Driver's License is a plus
- ASE certifications in Medium/Heavy Truck Technician is a plus
- State Inspection License is a plus
- Knowledge of methods, techniques and procedures involved in maintenance repairs and replacement.
- Considerable knowledge of safety practices and techniques in diesel truck and trailer maintenance and repair; considerable knowledge of diesel engine operation and repair; considerable knowledge of vehicle make-up; considerable knowledge of parts and supplies required.
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.