Position Objective: Support the laboratory workflow in an efficient and effective manner. Support Analytical group in maintaining the laboratory to make work flow more efficient.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Responsible for promoting and maintaining safe and healthy working conditions in his / her assigned work area; instructs and enforces compliance with established safe work practices and procedures; ensures assigned trainees receive appropriate training and information necessary to conduct their activities in a safe and healthy manner.
- Properly disposes of solvent waste in appropriate containers and disposes of empty bottles in the recycling bins according to health, safety and environmental practices.
- Performs laboratory, office and maintenance on a routine basis.
- Performs and documents periodic checks of the eye wash stations located in the laboratory.
- Performs routine daily balance checks and assists with minor lab equipment maintenance or instrument calibration.
- Monitors the Volumetric Solutions and Test Solutions so that they are current.
- Coordinates laboratory sample retrieval and entry into lab systems following standard procedures.
- Removes stability samples from storage locations and enters into lab systems.
- Assist chemists in their work as needed. Performs minor repairs to non-GMP equipment and services.
- Assists with the filing of documents as needed.
- Organizes and maintains the inventory of laboratory supplies such as reagents and chromatographic columns.
- Obtains samples and identifies raw materials from drums.
- Ensures the glassware is washed and dried according to the SOP and that the supply is adequate to ensure smooth operation of the laboratory.
- Monitors lab reagents and expiry and notifies management of any re-ordering or replenishing needs.
- Assists analysts with preparation of reagents, diluents or soIutions following written procedures or methods.
- Assist analysts with simple lab tests such as pH, LOD, viscosity and physical appearance.
- Responsible for the efficient utilization of resources and supplies to reduce waste and achieve cost containment and Lean objectives.
Required Education & Qualifications:
- A Bachelors Degree in Chemistry or any related field or an Associates Degree in a Scientific field with 2 years previous work experience
- Must possess good communication skills as well as computer skills
- Must be organized and flexible with an ability to handle multiple work assignments