POSITION OBJECTIVE: As a Scientist in Preclinical Sciences you will work closely with Clinical Development and Medicinal Chemistry staff as a subject matter expert in molecular cancer biology, pharmacology, and pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamics (PK/PD) in support of Athenex nonclinical development programs.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Aid in development of pipeline projects and clinical programs through execution of fundamental research utilizing cell and molecular biology techniques, including but not limited to, DNA/RNA isolation, PCR, protein analysis, cell microscopy, flow cytometry, cell viability assays, immunofluorescence, immunoblotting, ELISA, sterile mammalian cell culture, and generation of research cell banks.
- Develop applied screening assays to aid in IND candidate selection.
- Conduct research which will support the translation of in vitro testing to appropriate preclinical species and models.
- Design and coordination of in vivo translational and toxicology studies, leading to technical writing of relevant regulatory documents.
- Contribute to program strategy through testing the synergy of proprietary compounds in combination with available anticancer agents.
Required Education and Qualifications
- PhD with 3+ years of post-doctoral training or work experience in pharmaceutical sciences or a related discipline
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Extensive hands-on experience with cell and molecular biology techniques
- Experience handling preclinical animal species and specimens
- Experience working with infectious agents (Risk Group 2, Biosafety Level 2)
- Experience and detailed knowledge of PK software (e.g., WinNonlin, ADAPT V, NONMEM, etc.)
- Experience with scientific graphing and analysis software (e.g., Excel, Sigma plot, GraphPad, etc.)
- Strong understanding of the drug development process with experience managing data, writing preclinical research reports, and regulatory submissions
- Understanding of regulatory guidances
o Laboratory management experience
o Experience in oncology and immuno-oncology
o Experience in biologics development and manufacturing
o Organization of experimental data and samples
o Maintenance of GLP work environment
o Resourcefulness, pragmatism, and independent work ethic
o Can manage multiple projects under tight timelines working independently and collaboratively
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.