Athenex is a global biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development, and commercialization of novel therapies for the treatment of cancer. Our lead product, Oraxol, is in phase 3 registrational study.
As we begin to build our U.S. commercial team, we are seeking a Medical Science Liaison (MSL) reporting to the Senior Medical Director/Head of Medical Affairs. This role will develop and lead MSL activities for Oraxol, as well as our emerging pipeline.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) will primarily identify and engage with a targeted group of national and regional key opinion leaders (KOLs)/healthcare professionals (HCPs) in oncology as well as payers and managed care accounts, providing the consistent delivery of educational and compliant scientific information. The MSL will engage with HCPs who are in clinical practice caring for cancer patients, and who are actively engaged in using oncolytic agents for the care of their cancer patients. The MSL will be required to respond to complex inquiries in a scientific, fair-balanced, compliant manner serving as a critical field medical resource to these HCPs as well as, internal sales, and managed markets constituents.
- Interact with HCPs and KOLs to communicate and advance the scientific platform as aligned with corporate goals and objectives
- Communicate complex scientific information and research concepts to HCPs
- Provide clinical and economic value information to payers and formulary decision makers
- Identify and train members of the company’s speakers’ bureau and ensure they are updated on new data
- Respond to requests for investigator sponsored study (ISS) proposals and transmit them into the company and present the research for review. The MSL will become the point of contact with the HCPs if ISS research is accepted and funded by the company
- Support company sponsored research
- Provide feedback based on field interactions with HCPs and KOLs to stakeholders
- Respond to scientific inquires consistent with the MSL compliance standards
- Lead and participate on project teams that support MSL strategies and tactics as delegated by MSL leadership
- Seek out opportunities to support the MSL value proposition, achieve results and set an example for others to follow by consistently demonstrating the company’s values and leadership attributes
- Must have the ability to gain customer feedback, uncover business opportunities and pair customer's unmet needs with available internal resources
- Must be a strong team player who can effectively interface with clinical and commercial personnel, as well as aid in training of staff
- Demonstrate tact and professionalism when communicating and interacting with others
- Comply with all applicable Health Care Compliance SOPs and US regulations
- Support other Medical Affairs functions, as needed.
- Doctorate degree required (PharmD, MD, DO, or PhD)
- Oncology background (preferred)
- 3-5 years of MSL experience in the field (preferred)
- 2-3 years of clinical experience required (preferred)
- 1-2 years of field medical experience (preferred)
- A thorough grasp of the pharmaceutical industry, FDA requirements and PhRMA code
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, team, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation and education skills; ability to communicate clinical and non-clinical technical information effectively
- Demonstrated project management ability
- Travel up to 60-70%
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite applications
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.