POSITION OBJECTIVE: The Clinical Research Physician will be dedicated to providing a leadership role on a matrix team dedicated to stage appropriate clinical development of multiple innovative compounds. He or she will lead the development of clinical strategies for compounds and drive their successful implementation.
This position is based in our Cranford, New Jersey office. It is an office based position. Remote candidates will not be considered for this role.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Responsible for drafting clinical development plans, clinical trial protocol synopses and protocols, and for leading discussions and revisions of study design with internal stakeholders and external experts/consultants.
- Be the key physician contact for sites and investigators during site start-up and study execution, acts as a liaison between the company and clinical investigators, develop relationships with opinion leaders, and participate in medical review, interpretation, and reporting of the results of the research, including submission to health authorities.
- The person will also be a major contributor to INDs, IMPDs, and other regulatory submissions, and play a key role in the required regulatory interactions with US and foreign regulatory authorities.
- Evaluate scientific information and new ideas to assist in identifying new research opportunities.
- Continually analyzes progress, engages in critical thinking, and asserts strong problem-solving toward delivering key data and interpretation essential for decision making.
- Engages scientific leaders and internal key stakeholders such as medical affairs, marketing and regulatory affair etc.to develop the best, most suitable clinical plan and protocol.
- Participates in due diligence evaluation as expert for medical related matters. Works closely with medical affairs to identify gap/opportunities of patient care and develop clinical plan/study to capitalize the emerging opportunities.
Required Education & Qualifications
- Minimum of a Doctor of Medicine degree required.
- 2 to 5+ years of experience in clinical development within the pharmaceutical industry, with significant knowledge of basic and clinical research and its application to drug development.
- Oncology and internal medicine experience is strongly preferred.
- Proven experience in leading and managing teams that deliver to desired outcomes
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills are essential.
- Motivated and energetic individual with high personal and ethical standards
- Successful work experience in a matrix team environment with cross-functional and/or multinational teams is required
- Travel required may be 20% to 30% (domestic and international)
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.