POSITION OBJECTIVE: Oversees the administrative functions of the Athenex Pharmaceutical Division office to maintain a smooth, efficient and productive flow of business operations. The Administrative Assistant is also responsible for front office activities, including first point of contact, incoming and outgoing mail, kitchen and facilities maintenance. Supports the Human Resource and Finance departments with special projects and other ongoing duties.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
· Acts as first point of contact when visitors enter the office and informs appropriate staff member of the visitors’ arrival.
· Records distribution of ID badges to vendors or visiting employees.
· Arrange visitor transportation as needed.
· Accepts deliveries and coordinates external shipments. Handles incoming and outgoing mail and faxes.
· Answers telephones and takes messages as needed or transfers calls.
· Prepares memos, invoice or reports. Edits documents as requested.
· Maintains databases and filing systems, electronic and paper.
· Maintains adequate inventory of office supplies.
· Key liaison for all facilities issues and interactions with building management, external copy suppliers and other local vendors.
· Coordinates responsibilities for general housekeeping of common areas by contracted cleaning service.
· Partners with Human Resources to coordinate on-boarding of new employees and other Human Resource projects.
· Schedules meetings as requested by the Athenex Pharmaceutical Division (APD) team.
· Coordinates travel planning/arrangements and prepares expense reports for staff members.
· Submits invoices for payment to Accounts Payable.
· Organizes events for the APD staff including catering and facility reservations.
· Adheres to established policies and procedures and assists in developing procedures that create efficiency.
· Completes tasks and contributes to projects directed from the APD staff.
· Assists team members with ad hoc administrative projects or requests.
Required Education & Qualifications
· High school diploma (or GED) required; Associates degree preferred
· 5 or more years’ experience working in an administrative position
· Thorough working knowledge of office practices and procedures. Proficiency in Microsoft software applications including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality and work with sensitive materials including Human Resource projects and compensation administration
· Excellent organization skills, able to prioritize, be detail-oriented and take initiative
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Able to lift up to 20lbs from the waist
· General book keeping knowledge
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.