POSITION OBJECTIVE: As part of our global accounting team the Senior Accountant will be responsible for all aspects of accounting for certain wholly-owned subsidiaries. The Senior Accountant’s responsibilities could also include preparing both internal and external reporting packages, assisting with the global consolidation, financial statement analysis, and preparation of audit schedules. The Senior Accountant will also be responsible for special projects as may be assigned. This position will interact with all departments within the organization.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Prepare financial statements and supporting schedules according to month-end close calendar
- Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures
- Analyze balance sheet, income statement, and equity statement to ensure transactions are recorded properly and correlate with the business activities
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations
- Assist with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances
- Assist with federal and state tax audits
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls and the associated testing under Sarbanes Oxley
- Perform accounting and tax research and prepare associated memos
- Assist with implementation of new accounting systems and processes required as the company grows
- Assist in integrating newly acquired businesses
Required Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with CPA required; MBA and Big 4 firm experience preferred
- 5+ years of professional experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment; life sciences industry preferred
- Thorough understanding of US GAAP
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication and organizational skills as well as the ability to work seamlessly as part of a team or independently
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal direction from manager to accomplish objectives
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.