Polymed Therapeutics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Athenex, is a distributor of specialty Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) and intermediates, serving the generic oncology pharmaceutical industry. For the past decade, Polymed had been a pioneer in the supply of low cost, high quality, pharmaceutical grade API for the global market.
POSITION OBJECTIVE: The Sales & Marketing Associate is responsible for promoting and selling Polymed’s API products to domestic and international clients, as well as providing superior customer service to existing and new clients.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Promote and sell products to domestic and international clients, maximize sales objectives
- Provide product information and pricing per customer inquiries
- Develop strong client relationships, with timely follow up and feedback
- Analyze market trends and competitive activity
- Develop marketing strategies
- Develop reports pertaining to customer and prospect activities
- Develop marketing materials including advertisements, product sheets, press releases, brochures, and conference materials
- Participate in conference activities including exhibitor work, competitive and customer activity and timely contact of leads generated through conferences
- Provide or apply scientific know-how
Required Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Organic Chemistry or Biochemistry
- 1-2 years of sales or account management experience preferably in the pharmaceutical or specialty chemical industry
- Occasional overnight travel to conferences (domestic and international)
- The ability to work independently in a team environment
- Highly motivated, creative and independent
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills
- Proven communication and sales skills
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.