POSITION OBJECTIVE: Athenex is a global biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development, and commercialization of novel therapies for the treatment of cancer. Our lead product, Oraxol, is in phase 3 registrational study.
As we begin to build our U.S. commercial team, we are seeking a Senior Director, Commercial Insights and Analytics reporting to the Sr. Vice President, Global Oncology. This role is responsible for the development and execution of market insight generation and analytical support for commercial functions to effect data driven decision making. This role will develop the commercial insights and analytics for pre-launch and launch of oral paclitaxel and oncology pipeline products by providing objective, in-depth analyses of the market, performance tracking of products in the therapeutic space, customers and competitors, as well as leading the forecast process. This role will lead the efforts to generate critical customer (HCP, Payer, and Patient) insights partnering closely with the marketing team. Working with the U.S. Leadership Team, this role will lead all aspects of the Commercial Insights & Analytics organization for the US and help develop launch strategies for oral paclitaxel as well as oncology pipeline products.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
· Hire, develop and lead a best-in-class commercial insights and analytics team capable of delivering a successful launch of oral paclitaxel and oncology pipeline molecules in the US
· Development of comprehensive market research plan using primary and secondary sources to support launch planning
· Conduct qualitative and quantitative primary market research
· Make recommendations on market data purchases and required market research to define customer segmentation for effective and efficient targeting by commercial functions
· Create and manage the brand forecast and develop launch performance dashboards
· Synthesize data sets for relevant stakeholders to identify critical business issues and provide actionable insights
· Support marketing, sales, market access and patient services with performance metrics and forecasting
· Oversee competitive data monitoring and share insights with cross-functional teams
· Prepare and manage budgets for market research, forecasting and competitive intelligence working closely with finance partners
Required Education & Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
· Minimum of 7 years of experience in commercial insights & analytics, and possess a background that demonstrates expertise in market research, forecasting and competitive intelligence
· Product launch experience required
· Oncology experience preferred
· Previous experience building and leading a team
· Direct experience working with primary and secondary healthcare data required
· Previous experience developing and executing comprehensive market research plans to support launch of products required
· Experience developing and using Excel-based models
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically, identify key issues and value drivers, and translate strategic insights into appropriate analytical frameworks
· Required to travel about 25%, both domestic and international
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.