POSITION OBJECTIVE: As part of our global tax and accounting team the Senior Tax Accountant will be responsible for tax research and compliance for all US entities. The Senior Tax Accountant’s responsibilities will also include compiling the information need by the company’s tax consultants to prepare the quarterly tax provision. The Senior Tax Accountant will also be responsible for other filings required by the State and Federal governments. The Senior Tax Accountant will also be responsible for special projects as directed by the Controller. This position will interact with all departments within the organization.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Track all tax notices and work with the Controller and the company’s tax consultants to respond to these notices.
- Monitor the company’s expansion into new sales tax jurisdictions and research the requirements for filing sales tax returns in these new jurisdictions.
- Register the company for sales tax in new jurisdiction.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales tax returns.
- Compile the information needed by the company’s tax consultants to prepare the quarterly tax provision.
- Assist with federal and state tax audits
- Perform tax research and prepare associated memos
- Compile the information needed by the company’s tax consultants to prepare the annual income tax returns.
- Track and monitor all tax due dates ensuring that all tax filings and payments are completed on time.
- Prepare and file quarterly department of commerce surveys.
- Assist Controller and tax consultants with tax planning
- Responsible for other tax and accounting projects as assigned by the controller.
Required Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance; MBA or Masters in Accounting preferred
- CPA is preferred
- 3 or more years of tax experience
- Understanding of US GAAP
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication and organizational skills as well as the ability to work seamlessly as part of a team or independently
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work
- Ability to meet deadlines
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.