POSITION OBJECTIVE: The Senior Manager of Engineering and Facilities will be responsible for ensuring that Athenex Pharma Solutions (APS) infrastructure changes, equipment installation and validation, and facility issues are satisfied in a timely, accurate, and professional manner. This position will oversee all Engineering, Metrology and Facilities personnel in the day-to-day operation of APS facilities.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Responsible for the validated state of equipment, processes and facilities used at APS. This includes manufacturing equipment, systems, process, and facility validations, routine qualification and calibration of critical equipment.
- Integrate new equipment and processes to reduce cost, improve product quality, and to lead Engineering and Facilities to meet the demands of significant growth.
- Coordinate new product introductions and drive design for manufacturability of products.
- Leads members of his/her team to optimize facility process flow and capabilities through site planning and evaluation of production / capacity requirements and limitations.
- Collaborate with various departments (e.g. Operations, QC) and individuals (e.g. peer Project Leaders) to gather information that may impact production and product deliveries to customers.
- Maintain and organize documentation needed for Regulatory and financial compliance through compilation of both the physical files and the computer files containing the appropriate project information.
- Support and manage facility project work to ensure that each project meets expectations in terms of time and cost. This includes tracking and expediting specific aspects (e.g. vendor lead-times) through the process to ensure all requirements are in place on time, coordinating information flow from vendors to internal departments and leadership to ensure that facility impact and resources have been evaluated. These needs must be communicated effectively and accurately, creating and maintaining project delivery schedules and feeding back information to appropriate individuals/departments regarding status.
- Coordinate multiple vendors to insure a smooth project execution, minimizing delays due to lack of communication and coordination.
- Evaluate vendor cost estimates and timing forecasts and initiate activities including resolution of the rate determining steps. Negotiate vendor pricing to obtain a cost that balances value and need. as appropriate.
- Optimize facility process flow and capabilities through site planning and evaluation of production / capacity requirements and limitations.
- Coordinate quotation process for all current vendor required activities (e.g. HVAC, plumbing, electric, building/construction changes).
- Responsible for assessing, enforcing, and working in compliance with established safe work practices and procedures; properly uses personal protection and safety equipment as required by APS; reports any injury or illness immediately and notifies APS of any hazards, unsafe acts or conditions in the work place. Responsible for compiling vendor’s Certificates of Insurance for each job.
- Participate in regular capacity and strategic reviews to ensure supply chain integrity, and optimal business model support.
- Manage customer relations by participating in customer audits
- Support Lean initiatives and continuous improvement to maximize employee contribution and drive improvements in product quality and process efficiently.
- Contribute to achieving continuous improvement, review processes to maintain compliance and provide cost effective solutions
- Lead and mentor staff to elevate overall performance and achieve departmental goals and objectives.
- Promote a working environment that encourages employee involvement to achieve operational excellence.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
Required Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent scientific background. MBA and/or PMP Certification a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in manufacturing environment performing engineering, validation of equipment and\or systems and facilities with at least 5 years of management experience/direct supervision of staff.
- Strong leadership abilities with capability to leverage diverse resources, respond quickly, understand impact of changes and decisions, facilitate agreement, build collaborative relationships and understand customers’ needs. Demonstrated ability to execute the strategic vision.
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels and functions of the organization to motivate for results.
- Strong analytical ability including the ability to anticipate the impact of process changes and minimize disruption to the supply chain.
- Experience with cGMP or similar operations desired.
- Lean Manufacturing experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Must have a working knowledge of facility construction projects.
- Professional and amiable disposition and communication style needed.
- Excellent follow through skills required. Presentation skills a plus.
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.