POSITION OBJECTIVE: As part of our global accounting team the Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for all aspects of accounts payable for certain wholly owned subsidiaries. The Accounts Payable Specialist’s responsibilities include creating purchase orders, entering vendor invoices and preparing payments to vendors using QAD/ERP System. The Accounts Payable Specialist will also be responsible for special projects as directed by the A/P Manager. This position will interact with all departments within the organization.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
· Create purchase orders in QAD/ERP system as requested
· Enter vendor invoices in ERP system after confirming proper authorization has been received
· Prepare checks and wire transfers for payment of vendor invoices
· Maintain vendor files including obtaining tax form W-9 from all new vendors
· Prepares cleared checks for storage
· Assembles and processes overnight shipments
· Prepare analysis of accounts, as required
· Prepare annual form 1099 for all vendors requiring a form 1099
· Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential
· Special projects and analysis as requested
Required Education & Qualifications
· Associates degree in accounting preferred
· 3 or more years of experience working in an accounting position with a focus on the accounts payable process
· Basic understanding of US GAAP
· Experience using ERP systems preferred
· Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, and Excel
· Excellent communication and organizational skills as well as the ability to work seamlessly as part of a team or independently.
· Highly detail oriented and organized in work
· Able to learn and adapt to new systems quickly
· Ability to meet deadlines
· Ability to act and operate independently with minimal direction from manager to accomplish objectives
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.