POSITION OBJECTIVE: As part of our global accounting team Accounting Systems Analyst will be responsible for managing access for the ERP system and all other systems that directly impact the finance function. Responsibilities will also include data mining and extraction, report building, and system maintenance. The Accounting Systems Analyst will act as the liaison between the finance team and the IT team, as well as assist in the IT portion of the financial statement and internal control audits. The Accounting Systems Analyst will lead implementation projects as necessary. This position will interact with all departments within the organization.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Monitor and evaluate system access to ensure compliance under Sarbanes Oxley
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls and the associated testing under Sarbanes Oxley
- Review and document management’s assessment of the SOC1 reports on an annual basis as received by service companies
- Build reports as required for financial reporting or analytical purposes within the ERP system
- Lead implementation of new accounting systems and processes required as the company grows
- Manage changes and configurations in ERP and related accounting systems, including performance of necessary steps in test environments
- Work with third party consultants as necessary to implement new systems, or manage change within current accounting systems
- Assist with IT portion of financial statement and internal control audits
- Responsible for other system and accounting projects as assigned by the controller.
Required Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Computer Science
- 5 or more years of professional experience in accounting and/or IT
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to learn system software and databases quickly
- Excellent communication and organizational skills as well as the ability to work seamlessly as part of a team or independently
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal direction from manager to accomplish objectives
Preferred (Not Required) Qualifications
- Master of Business Administration or Accounting
- Experience with QAD (ERP system)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Public Accountant
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.