As an Intern in Preclinical Sciences you will work closely with Medicinal Chemistry and Preclinical staff as a trainee in molecular cancer biology, pharmacology, or pharmacokinetic/ pharmacodynamics (PK/PD) in support of Athenex research and development.
An Intern supports development of pipeline projects by aiding with fundamental research utilizing cell and molecular biology techniques, including but not limited to, DNA/RNA isolation, PCR, protein analysis, cell microscopy, flow cytometry, cell viability assays, immunofluorescence, immunoblotting, ELISA, and sterile mammalian cell culture.
You will assist in development of applied screening assays to aid in IND candidate selection and testing the synergy of proprietary compounds in combination with available anticancer agents. Your research will support the translation of in vitro testing to appropriate preclinical species and models. The novel research conducted by the Intern will be complemented by continuing education of current oncology treatments.
Required Education and Qualifications
· Enrollment in BSc or related degree program with 0-2 years of experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry in pharmaceutical sciences or a related discipline
· Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
· Experience with scientific graphing and analysis software (e.g., Excel, Sigma plot, GraphPad, etc.)
· Introductory understanding of the drug development process with experience managing data and writing research reports
- Hands-on experience with cell and molecular biology techniques
- Organization of experimental data and samples
- Resourcefulness, pragmatism, and independent work ethic
- Can manage multiple projects under tight timelines working independently and collaboratively
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.