POSITION OBJECTIVE: As part of our global commercial sales team, the Customer Service & Sales Support Representative manages orders from the time of receipt to the customer’s final billing and payment, providing direction for the entire process. They will also support internal sales representatives and external customers for our various product lines, including 503B, Contract Manufacturing Organization (CMO), Clinical, and Specialty products. The Customer Service and Sales Support Representative will also be responsible for special projects and will interact with all departments within Athenex.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
· Liaison between various internal departments to assist with all aspects of the order process, including release of the order, inventory needs and shipment. Departments include Sales, Clinical, Finance, Legal, Supply Chain, Marketing, Quality, Shipping, Warehouse, Regulatory Affairs, Medical Affairs, and MRP.
· Own access to and provide maintenance of the online Customer Self-Service (CSS) Portal. Assist Sales Representatives and customers with new account setup, login, password, price tables and credit issues within the 503B and Specialty product lines.
· Create and continuously improve process documentation including work instructions, SOP’s, and training guides related to the CSS portal, ERP and CRM systems.
· Prepares and processes sales orders, pick lists, packing slips, invoices, and credit memos in the ERP system.
· Send shipping notifications and track shipments from factory to customer destination.
· Frequent oral/written/electronic communication with customers and sales team. Assists and responds to customer inquiries regarding customer orders, shipping, billing, complaints, etc. and follow up with all levels of management to identify resolution.
· Handles customer complaints; Processes customer complaints by examining relevant information to determine the accuracy of the customer complaint and responsibility of error. Notifies the customer and appropriate personnel of the findings, adjustments, and recommendations. May follow-up on recommended adjustments to ensure customer satisfaction
· Facilitates payment of outstanding invoices by sending bill reminders and contacting customers
· Identifies credit risk issues to minimize bad debt write-offs.
· Manages cash application of customer lockbox and EFT payments
· Verifies the validity of account discrepancies and deductions by obtaining and investigating information from warehouse, quality and supply chain departments
· Manages new customer set up process including entering agreements, validation of customer license/DEA information and assisting with credit checks
· Ensures compliance with Athenex policies and procedures
· Special projects and analysis as requested
Required Education & Qualifications
· 3 or more years of experience working in a customer service and/or sales support role
· Bachelor’s degree in business or life science discipline; may consider Associates degree and equivalent work experience
· Able to learn and adapt to new systems quickly
· Experience with ERP systems
· Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
· Strong customer service orientation and negotiation skills
· Excellent communication and organizational skills as well as the ability to work seamlessly as part of a team or independently.
· Highly detail oriented and organized in work
· Ability to meet deadlines
· Ability to act and operate independently with minimal direction from manager to accomplish objectives
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.