POSITION OBJECTIVE: The Licensed Chief Stationary Engineer manages the Maintenance team in plant operations, utilities and plant services to improve productivity, equipment reliability and preventative maintenance to increase capacity, availability, quality, safety, productivity, and costs. Coordinates and oversees design, construction, installation, and modification of facilities, equipment, and physical needs of a plant operation; designs/adapts special production machinery. Assists in establishing standards and policies for installation, modification, testing and inspection of equipment. Reviews regulatory processes, including PSM coordination and OSHA regulations for compliance. Collaborates and coordinates activities as necessary including boiler / refrigeration, building, production, labs and outside grounds.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Prioritizing, planning, developing, designing, and implementing projects to improve capacity
- Closely follow technology and equipment developments and develop new and revised processes and production lines.
- Develop requirements and specifications for technical systems and equipment for documentation and procurement of new production systems.
- Support Continuous Improvement teams and other teams with technology and plant engineering expertise.
- Lead project teams to introduce new process technology or production improvements
- Lead and manage packaging changes in plant with direction from corporate marketing team
- Develop advanced analysis methods for evaluating PM and PdM systems.
- Communicate with all departments of the company to assure best acceptance and progress for plant engineering activities.
- Organize and prioritize plant related improvement projects originating from supply chain departments.
- This individual will be working in teams and as an individual contributor to improve availability, quality, safety, productivity, and reduce costs for existing production lines, facilities, and plants.
- Follow technology and equipment developments and develop new and revised processes and production lines.
- Develop requirements and specification for technical systems and equipment for documentation and procurement of new production systems.
- Participate on project teams to introduce new process technology or production improvements when assigned.
- Work closely with vendors to determine best technology/solution for capital projects
- Define and determine standards and acceptance methods for plant equipment
- Analyze maintenance procedures and spare parts replacement trends and make recommendations on improvement for predictive and preventative methods. Communicate with all departments of the company to assure best acceptance and progress for plant engineering activities.
- Coordinate the development and update of SOP’s within the Plant Engineering Department.
- Management and coordination with all regulatory programs in the plant such as: PSM for ammonia refrigeration, boiler inspections, RMP, NDEQ, EPA, OSHA, etc.
- Implementation of a formal PM and work order system with tracking and individual mechanic KPIs and accountability related to execution.
- Other projects as may be assigned.
Required Education & Qualifications
- Must be a licensed Stationary Engineer - Chief, class I or class II
- Applicants must also meet one (1) of the following levels of experience:
- Have received a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering and have one (1) year of recent experience in the operation of and maintenance of high-pressure boilers under the direct and continuing supervision of a Department-Licensed High-Pressure Boiler Operating Engineer in New York.
- Have at least five (5) years of experience in the direct supervision, care, operation and maintenance of a steam generating building with boilers that have at least one-hundred and fifty (150) horsepower and have one (1) year of experience working with high-pressure boilers under the direct and continuing supervision of a Department-licensed High-Pressure Boiler Operating Engineer in New York.
- Have successfully completed at least a two (2) yearlong registered, approved apprenticeship training program recognized by the New York State Apprenticeship Council and have had at least three (3) years of experience in the operation and maintenance of high-pressure boilers under the direct and continuing supervision of a Department-licensed High-Pressure Boiler Operating Engineer in New York.
- Minimum of five (5) years of Manufacturing Maintenance Reliability experience
- Minimum of four (4) years of supervisory or management experience
- Pharmaceutical or FDA regulated industry experience strongly preferred
- Experience with utilities management, process controls and PLCs
- Knowledgeable of plant operations, production maintenance, and maintenance shop required.
- Must have understanding of specific OSHA and EPA standards as they relate to the plant environment.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Regular and prompt attendance during scheduled working hours
- Continuous Improvement experience a plus (LEAN, TPM)
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, AutoCad and MS Project.
- Effective communicator, good moral character and strong verbal/written skills
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.