POSITION OBJECTIVE: The Sr. Warehouse Associate is responsible for the physical process and systematic process in the ERP system for goods pertaining to the receipt, storage and shipment in and out of the warehouse. This includes site inventory of raw materials, work-in-process and finished goods as well as the maintenance, repair and operating supplies. Inventory must be current and accurate by item, lot ID, quantity, status, expiry, warehouse site, location and storage condition. Key responsibilities include: ensuring the site inventory is accurate and materials are physically and systematically processed through the supply chain timely. The Sr. Warehouse Associate will help oversee the physical activities being performed in the warehouse and ensure tasks are being completed thoroughly and timely.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Unloads inbound shipments and verifies what physically is received matches the packing list per departmental SOPs. Completes required receiving documentation. Process receipts in the system and completes the receiving process per SOPs. Works with Purchasing and Finance A/P to resolve discrepancies. Coordinates with Purchasing regarding incoming materials and provides information to others as needed on stock status.
- Coordinates with Warehouse Operations Manager regarding the transfer of inventory from one location to another. Performs warehouse transfers in the system. Enters inbound and outbound orders in off-site warehouse system. Creates BOLs and provides applicable transfer documents with inventory detail as required for task.
- Allocate specific items by lot ID in inventory to manufacturing orders and sales orders according to inventory rules and inventory management SOPs Prepares and stages materials to support batches being prepared for manufacturing and processes returns from manufacturing.
- Prepares and stages materials for shipment. Loads trailers. Ensures accuracy in documents as well as the physical clinical, CMO, 503B products being shipped. Completes required shipping documentation and provides to Inventory Control.
- Performs physical inventory counts and cycle counts and provides detailed information to Inventory Control for required stock adjustments if needed.
- Understands criticality of inventory accuracy of stored material and material provided to production environments. Process inventory entries. Ensure current and accurate inventory control for each area in the warehouse. Inventory must be current and accurate by item, lot ID, quantity, status, expiry, warehouse site, location and storage condition.
- Analyzes inventory discrepancies by physically counting, reviewing transactions in the ERP system as well as working directly with Inventory Control to resolve discrepancies timely.
- Assists Manager by overseeing the physical activities being performed in the warehouse and ensures tasks are being completed thoroughly and timely.
- Ensures that the warehouse is maintained in a clean and orderly manner to conform to company standards.
- Assists in the process of laying out the warehouse in an efficient manner.
- Ensures the proper maintenance and inspections of the material handling equipment.
- Operates warehouse material handling equipment.
- Lifts 15-25 pounds on a regular basis and up to 50 pounds if required, for tasks in warehouse.
- Complies with GMP regulations, SOPs, safety regulations and Company policies.
- Assist the Inventory Coordinator when needed (printing picklist, doing transfers and placing orders to and from Speed). Report any and all concerns to the Warehouse Operations Manager.
Required Education & Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Three to five years of experience in a warehouse environment – FDA regulated environment a plus
- Must have a valid driver’s license to support work at off-site warehouses; local travel could be up to 25%
- Must be able to lift 15 to 25 pounds on a regular basis and up to 50 pounds if required for warehouse related tasks
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work.
- Strong customer orientation and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook (email and calendar maintenance).
- Experience in ERP and Inventory Management system required.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills as well as the ability to work seamlessly as part of a team or independently.
- Experience with material handling equipment required; fork lift, pallet jack, electric pallet jack.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.