POSITION OBJECTIVE: The Inventory Manager is responsible for developing and managing robust SOX compliant inventory processes as well as managing the inventory at multiple warehouse sites. Site inventory includes raw materials, work-in-process and finished goods. Inventory must be current and accurate by item, lot ID, quantity, status, expiry, warehouse site, location and storage condition. Key responsibilities include proper inventory flow and processes within the warehouse areas, writing and revising standard operating procedures, and ensuring the inventory at all sites is accurate.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Develop and manage a robust SOX compliant inventory process. Manage the physical inventory process for the sites. Manage and execute the required cycle count program for items and applicable classifications and time-intervals. Identify and research planned adjustments outside the recommended tolerance and make recommendations on corrective action required. Document required stock adjustments and seek appropriate approvals as required per SOPs.
- Manage the regular review of excessive and obsolete inventory for the site. Provide items for review for regular Material Review Board meetings. Ensure decisions in the MRB meetings are carried out and reflected in the inventory system as well as the physical processing required.
· Manage inventory at multiple sites. Maintains integrity of the physical inventory by location. Understand criticality of inventory accuracy of stored material and material provided to production environments. Ensure current and accurate inventory control for each area in the warehouse. Inventory must be current and accurate by item, lot ID, quantity, status, expiry, warehouse site, location and storage condition.
· Work with production and QA department personnel to develop a smooth flow of materials (raw materials, work-in-process, finished goods) into and out of the warehouses for receiving, staging, shipping and storage. Identify issues and work cross-functionally to make improvements.
- Allocate specific items by lot ID in inventory to manufacturing orders and sales orders according to inventory rules and inventory management SOPs.
- Analyze inventory discrepancies by physically counting and reviewing receiving, sampling, material movements, batch usage and transaction history in the system. Resolve discrepancies timely and put corrective actions in place quickly to minimize recurrence of the same type of issue.
- Reviews and ensures blocking and unblocking of material as required to guarantee nonconforming material is not used in production or material that is approved for use can be allocated as needed.
- Develops, implements and improves Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Works with Warehouse Operations Manager to establish procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, cold-chain processes, handling and disposition of materials and inventory accuracy.
- Coordinates with Warehouse Operations Manager regarding the transfer of inventory from one location to another. Enters inbound and outbound orders in off-site warehouse system. Creates BOLs and provides applicable transfer documents with inventory detail as required for task.
- Tracks and publishes warehouse and distribution metrics and KPIs.
- Coordinates with Purchasing regarding incoming materials and provides information to others as needed on stock status. Coordinates with IQC for timely material releases needed to support production needs at the site.
- Moves materials as required with proper material handling equipment.
- Ensures that warehouse and work areas are clean, organized and free from safety hazards.
- Stages material for production batches, processes customer orders for distribution and ships international clinical supplies as required.
- Identify, assess and pursue continuous improvement opportunities and make recommendations to improve operations.
- Represents Warehouse and Distribution on projects that pertain to the warehouse as assigned. Represents Warehouse as required for audits of processes and procedures.
- Performs role as warehouse leader in the absence of Warehouse Operations Manager.
Required Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business or supply chain discipline, or equivalent experience. Minimum five years of inventory control experience in a warehouse environment – FDA regulated environment a plus.
- SOX compliance experience a must.
- Data entry experience in an inventory system required.
- Knowledge and understanding of cGMP and other regulatory agency requirements.
- Strong inventory process background with proven track record of accuracy and compliance.
- Strong customer orientation, strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of MRP system preferred.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills as well as the ability to work seamlessly as part of a team or independently.
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal direction from manager to accomplish objectives
- Must have a valid driver’s license to support work at off-site warehouses; local travel may be up to 20%
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.