Position Objective: Support the laboratory workflow in an efficient and effective manner. Support Analytical group in maintaining the laboratory to make work flow more efficient.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Responsible for promoting and maintaining safe and healthy working conditions in his / her assigned work area; instructs and enforces compliance with established safe work practices and procedures; ensures assigned trainees receive appropriate training and information necessary to conduct their activities in a safe and healthy manner.
- Properly disposes of solvent waste in appropriate containers and disposes of empty bottles in the recycling bins according to health, safety and environmental practices.
- Performs laboratory, office and maintenance on a routine basis.
- Performs and documents periodic checks of the eye wash stations located in the laboratory.
- Performs routine daily balance checks and assists with minor lab equipment maintenance or instrument calibration.
- Monitors the Volumetric Solutions and Test Solutions so that they are current.
- Coordinates laboratory sample retrieval and entry into lab systems following standard procedures.
- Removes stability samples from storage locations and enters into lab systems.
- Assist chemists in their work as needed. Performs minor repairs to non-GMP equipment and services.
- Assists with the filing of documents as needed.
- Organizes and maintains the inventory of laboratory supplies such as reagents and chromatographic columns.
- Obtains samples and identifies raw materials from drums.
- Ensures the glassware is washed and dried according to the SOP and that the supply is adequate to ensure smooth operation of the laboratory.
- Monitors lab reagents and expiry and notifies management of any re-ordering or replenishing needs.
- Assists analysts with preparation of reagents, diluents or soIutions following written procedures or methods.
- Assist analysts with simple lab tests such as pH, LOD, viscosity and physical appearance.
- Responsible for the efficient utilization of resources and supplies to reduce waste and achieve cost containment and Lean objectives.
Required Education & Qualifications:
- A Bachelors Degree in Chemistry or any related field or an Associates Degree in a Scientific field with 2 years previous work experience
- Must possess good communication skills as well as computer skills
- Must be organized and flexible with an ability to handle multiple work assignments
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.