POSITION OBJECTIVE: Leads the Maintenance team in plant operations, utilities and plant services to improve productivity, equipment reliability and preventative maintenance. Coordinates and assists design, construction, installation, and modification of facilities, equipment, and physical needs of plant operation; designs/adapts special projects and new build out construction.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Prioritizing, planning, developing, designing, and implementing projects to improve capacity at the facility.
- Leads and manages interior mechanical operations and team for product line installs, small repairs, work orders, coordination and support of vendor site visits, etc.
- Leads project teams through preventative maintenance projects.
- Manages facility improvement projects and construction originating from planned future phases of plant development considering all departments.
- Communicates with all maintenance personnel (interior and exterior) to assure progress for plant engineering activities.
- Participates in plan continuous improvement projects to improve quality, productivity and reduce costs for the organization.
- Works closely with vendors to support the coordination of specialized repairs, parts, maintenance, etc. of specialized equipment.
- Analyze maintenance procedures and spare parts replacement trends and make recommendations on improvements.
- Assists in establishing standards and policies for installation, modification, testing and inspection of equipment.
- Other projects as may be assigned
Required Education & Qualifications
- Minimum of 8 years service experience with air handlers, fans, filters exhaust and make-up air unit repairs and maintenance with at least 3 years of team leadership/management experience.
- Must also have at least 3 years of Dry HVAC
- Pharmaceutical industry experience strongly preferred; Knowledge of clean rooms and laboratories is strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of air component systems, air flow, controls, dampers, sheet metal, air balance and air pressurization.
- Strong knowledge of wet component systems such as cooling towers, piping, coils and pumps.
- Experienced in Mechanical and Architectural heavy construction including commercial and industrial applications.
- Knowledgeable of plant operations, production maintenance, and maintenance shop required.
- Ability to multi-task and oversee several employees on various tasks.
- Must have understanding of specific OSHA and EPA standards as they relate to the plant environment.
- Ability to write reports, utilize mobile technology and PLCs.
- Continuous Improvement experience a plus (LEAN, TPM)
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, databases, AutoCad and MS Project.
- Effective communicator, good moral character and strong verbal/written skills
- Must be available for off hour and weekend hours for projects as needed.
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.