POSITION OBJECTIVE: Assists Engineering team in plant operations, construction, manages in house projects and future phases of major new construction. Coordinates and assists engineering, design, construction, installation, and modification of facilities, equipment, utilities and physical needs of a plant operation. Assists in establishing standards and policies for installation, modification, and overall construction. Assists, collaborates & coordinates activities as necessary throughout the facility affected by these projects with all departments including quality, validation, maintenance and administration.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Prioritizing, planning, developing, designing, and implementing projects to improve capacity ad capabilities, while maintaining cGMP compliance in manufacturing spaces.
- Assist with all projects large or small, capital expenditure projects, new construction and modifications / renovations to existing areas including production and future phase development.
- Strong knowledge and experience in Concrete, steel, foundations, framing, mechanicals, fire protection, electrical and plumbing as well as process applications is required.
- Lead projects and manages teams on special small projects of all types.
- Communicate with all maintenance personnel of the company to assure best acceptance and progress for plant engineering activities.
- Manage related improvement projects and construction originating from planned future phases of plant development considering elements of Good Engineering Design in a pharmaceutical manufacturing facility.
- Manage and document change control projects and documentation as it pertains to facility modifications and the areas impacted.
- Ability to work in conjunction with Engineering, Architects, construction project managers and supervisors in all stages of a project large or small.
- Organizing budgets, bids, quotes, specifications, progressive pay applications, requests for information, construction bulletins, change orders and punch lists.
- Perform document review to include progressive drawings, submittals and specifications.
- Review and assess construction schedules and evaluate next steps.
- Participates in off hour and weekend shutdowns, installations and preparations as needed must be considered.
- Other projects as may be assigned.
Required Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in construction or related engineering field; may consider candidates with equivalent industry experience in lieu of degree
- Minimum of five (5) years of construction management experience, preferable in the pharmaceutical industry, clean room environments and/or research and development in a regulated environment.
- Experience with utilities, construction, management, production, plant operations, maintenance, quality, process control systems and PLC or IPC systems required.
- Strong understanding of clean rooms, ISO certified areas and the systems that support these areas; air balance and air pressurization.
- Understanding of quality assurance and validation elements as they relate to construction and plant operations.
- Understanding of Chemistry and Microbiology laboratory and research areas is also preferred.
- Experienced in Mechanical and Architectural heavy construction including commercial and industrial applications.
- Must have understanding of specific OSHA, DEC and EPA standards as they relate to the plant environment.
- Ability to write technical reports, utilize mobile technology, and control systems with excellent attention to detail.
- Continuous Improvement experience a plus (LEAN, TPM).
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, database applications, AutoCad, BIM360, and MS Project.
- Must be proficient in current construction management tools, such as Microsoft project, pull planning, costs control, AIA documents and spreadsheets.
- Effective communicator and strong verbal/written skills.
- Must be available for off hour and weekend hours for projects as needed.
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.