POSITION OBJECTIVE: As part of our global accounting team Accounting Systems Analyst assist with managing access for the ERP system and all other systems that directly impact the finance function. Responsibilities will also include data mining and extraction, report building, and system maintenance. The Accounting Systems Analyst will assist in the IT portion of the financial statement and internal control audits as directed by the Manager of Accounting Systems. The Accounting Systems Analyst will assist with implementation projects as necessary. This position will interact with all departments within the organization.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Manage user access requests for new users, termination of user and monitor temporary users for all accounting systems.
- Ensure that proper documentation is prepared and retain for all user requests.
- Ensure that the change management process is followed and properly documented.
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls and the associated testing under Sarbanes Oxley
- Build reports as required for financial reporting or analytical purposes within the ERP system
- Assist with implementation of new accounting systems and processes required as the company grows
- Work with third party consultants as necessary to implement new systems, or manage change within current accounting systems
- Assist with IT portion of financial statement and internal control audits
- Responsible for other system and accounting projects as assigned by the Manager of Accounting systems.
Required Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Computer Science
- 2 or more years of professional experience in accounting and/or IT
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to learn system software and databases quickly
- Excellent communication and organizational skills as well as the ability to work seamlessly as part of a team or independently
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal direction from manager to accomplish objectives
Preferred (Not Required) Qualifications
- Master of Business Administration or Accounting
- Experience with QAD (ERP system)
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.