POSITION OBJECTIVE: To conduct analytical testing at an independent level by conducting more complex testing using various wet chemistry and instrumentation techniques. Able to train and assist junior staff in a broader range of chemical and instrumentation methods.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
· To promote and maintain a safe and healthy working environment in the work area, instruct and enforce compliance with established safe work practices and procedures. .
· To work as an effective team member to meet departmental objectives, sharing knowledge with the team members and across the laboratory.
· Provide technical troubleshooting support, knowledge transfer and training/coaching to the other junior analysts and laboratory under the guidance of Quality Control Management.
· Execute Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) in a pharmaceutical laboratory environment.
· To produce analytical work and maintain consistent and accurate documentation skills in accordance with all applicable Standard Operating Procedures and approved analytical methods.
· To recognize Non-Conforming results and report them promptly to Quality Control Management.
· Assist and work with Quality Control Management to complete Laboratory Investigation Reports.
· To be proficient in the use of analytical techniques and work independently to perform complex chemical and physical analyses on all products and materials, this includes HPLC and GC instrumentation and analysis.
· Assist in writing of department policies, procedures and specifications.
· To perform general maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment. Develop and execute new equipment protocols.
Required Education & Qualifications
· Minimum B.S. Degree in Chemistry or related discipline or minimum 7 years in a chemistry laboratory environment.
· Minimum 5 years of experience in a chemistry laboratory environment.
· Proficient use of HPLC and GC instrumentation and analysis required
· Experience in method development using chromatography techniques required.
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.