POSITION OBJECTIVE: Operates and maintains plant utilities which includes all equipment associated with the production of steam generation, compressed air, HVAC system, cooling tower system, domestic water system, grey water system, plant hot water system, process chilled water system and glycol systems. The Stationary Engineer will aid the Chief Stationary Engineer in identifying problem statements, root cause analysis and implementation of corrective actions associated with the operation of the plant facilities system. This position will be trained in PSM and any applicable OSHA regulations for regulatory compliance. Collaborates and coordinates shift activities as necessary including boiler / refrigeration, building, production and labs.
This is a second shift position. Hours are 1:30 PM to 10:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Start and end times may shift due to needs of facility support.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Assists in prioritizing, planning, developing, designing, and implementing projects to improve capacity
- Assists in developing requirements and specifications for technical systems and equipment for documentation and procurement of new production systems.
- Supports Continuous Improvement teams and other teams with technology and plant utilities expertise.
- Active member of project teams to introduce new process technology or production improvements
- Assists in developing advanced analysis methods for evaluating PM and PdM systems.
- Communicates with all departments of the company to assure best acceptance and progress for plant utilities activities.
- Assists in organizing and prioritizing plant related improvement projects originating from supply chain departments.
- Participates in team projects and as an individual contributor to improve availability, quality, safety, productivity, and reduce costs for existing production lines and facilities.
- Participates on project teams to introduce new process technology or production improvements when assigned.
- Works closely with vendors to determine best technology/solution for plant reliability.
- Assists in defining and determining standards and acceptance methods for plant equipment
- Assist in analyzing maintenance procedures and spare parts replacement trends and makes recommendations on improvement for predictive and preventative methods.
- Implementation of a formal PM and work order system with tracking and individual mechanic KPIs and accountability related to execution.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Other projects as may be assigned.
Required Education & Qualifications
- Must be a licensed Stationary Engineer – Chief, class I or class II
- Applicants must also meet one (1) of the following levels of experience:
- Have at least five (5) years of experience in the direct supervision, care, operation and maintenance of a steam generating building with boilers that have at least one-hundred and fifty (150) horsepower and have one (1) year of experience working with high-pressure boilers under the direct and continuing supervision of a Department-licensed High-Pressure Boiler Operating Engineer in New York.
- Have successfully completed at least a two (2) yearlong registered, approved apprenticeship training program recognized by the New York State Apprenticeship Council and have had at least three (3) years of experience in the operation and maintenance of high-pressure boilers under the direct and continuing supervision of a Department-licensed High-Pressure Boiler Operating Engineer in New York.
- Minimum of five (5) years of Manufacturing Maintenance Reliability experience
- Pharmaceutical or FDA regulated industry experience strongly preferred
- Knowledgeable of plant operations, production maintenance, and maintenance shop required.
- Must have understanding of specific OSHA and EPA standards as they relate to the plant environment.
- Continuous Improvement experience a plus (LEAN, TPM)
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, AutoCad and MS Project.
- Effective communicator, good moral character and strong verbal/written skills
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.