Pharmacist - Per Diem, 503B
POSITION OBJECTIVE: The Per Diem Pharmacist will support all production activities relating to the aseptic formulation/compounding of 503B products, overseeing and ensuring that all policies, procedures, standards and state, local and federal compliance regulations are strictly met. They will work flexible hours to allow Pharmacist oversight during all production operations.
Position obligation is approximately 20 hours per week, to be worked during our operating hours Monday through Friday. Start and end times may shift due to needs of production support.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Supports and oversees 503B drug formulation and compounding operations
- Reviews, completes and verifies 503B formulation and compounding documentation to ensure all processes have been completed as required by SOP
- Follows all state and federal guidelines for quality and safety in the preparation of sterile compounded medications.
- Assures adequate control and documentation of controlled substances per state and DEA regulations.
- Follows procedures regarding storage and preparation areas throughout the facility.
- Ensures Personnel are complying with regulatory standards of practice for pharmaceutical compounding.
- Documents and reports quality related events; supports completion of any Quality Issues relating to process deviations
- Responsible for achieving 503B pharmacy operating goals related to business objectives.
- Other projects as may be assigned.
Required Education & Qualifications
- PharmD or RPh Pharmacist; Active Pharmacist license in the State of New York
- Pharma, R&D experience and successful experience in sterile compounding in a production environment.
- Familiarity with 503b regulations and processing a plus
- Knowledge of the use, clinical effects and composition of drugs, including their chemical, biological and physical properties.
- Strong leadership skills, attention to detail and a passion for quality.
- Must be results oriented with a proven track record of success.
- Minimum of 2 yrs. experience as a sterile compounding pharmacist.
- Experience or comprehension of working in a cGMP environment a plus.
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.