Director, Pricing and Contracting
POSITION OBJECTIVE: The Director, Pricing & Contracting will lead the function (direct reports) in building the pricing and contracting group within Athenex Oncology at the same time as developing and executing on launch support for oral paclitaxel and encequidar. The role will collaborate closely with cross-functional leaders, including Marketing, Sales, Commercial Operations, Business Analytics and Medical Affairs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the development and execution of pricing and contracting strategies in partnership with relevant leadership including but not limited to: list pricing, contracting strategy, contract and invoice management, deal modeling, contract analytics, pricing committee management, gross to net management, and government (federal and state) price reporting requirements (some via external vendors).
- Build the Pricing & Contracting strategy for oral paclitaxel and encequidar.
- Inspire, coach, manage and develop pricing and contracting to achieve and grow as individuals and a cohesive team.
- Partner closely with Finance, Accounting and Pricing Committee leadership to co-develop and manage contracting grants of authority (GOA) and GTN within specified approved ranges.
- Support Market Access National Account Team to attain organizational and brand specific access strategies. Be a valued partner that actively solicits input and provides valuable feedback.
- Hire and manage pricing and contracting support vendor(s).
- Develop ROI metrics for contracts to maximize value and contract retention and provide input into organizational pull through initiatives and integration with sales IC as applicable.
- Partner with Sales, Marketing, Medical Affairs, Finance, and Commercial Operations to ensure alignment of US commercialization strategy and plans.
- Partner with Business Analytics on the development and delivery of market insights that inform payer customer strategies, tactics and product forecasts.
- Provide pricing and GTN input into brand strategy and tactic development.
- Participate in portfolio prioritization activities for clinical and pre-clinical programs.
- Provide commercial input regarding creation of access, revenue and share goals in conjunction with sales organization while continuously assessing performance metrics and adjusting strategies and plans to achieve.
- Demonstrate commitment and support for company and department goals, objectives and procedures.
- Represent Athenex by developing collaborative relationships with industry colleagues and vendors.
- Demonstrate professionalism and adherence to moral, ethical and quality principles
- Participate in corporate and departmental meetings.
- Comply with applicable regulations, federal and state laws, and corporate policies and procedures.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- BA or BS in Business or Liberal Arts required; Masters degree preferred
- 10 or more years of experience developing and executing pricing and contracting launch strategies in the US marketplace, required
- 10 or more years of experience developing contract management practices, pricing committee, vendor government price reporting and contract ROI
- Excellent leadership, management and organizational skills, along with problem solving, conflict resolution and team building.
- Must demonstrate highly refined analytic and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment.
- Proven ability to differentiate value with payers with traditional and specialty products and to deliver against aggressive commercial goals.
- Working knowledge of current US pricing environment and dynamics, including prevailing payers and their formulary tactics, and patient savings offers and access programs and impact on gross to net (revenue).
- High analytical capability with history of effectively directing and leveraging data, market research and customer insights to optimize price and contracting strategy to support access and revenue goals.
- Strong financial background in building forecasts, responsibly managing budgets in excess of $5M, and partnering with Finance on ROI and NPV analyses for assets, programs, investments.
- A fierce and motivating competitive spirit and demonstrated track record of outmaneuvering and winning against the competition in manner that is aligned with Athenex Oncology values and rules of compliance.
- Ability to motivate and lead teams and have the managerial courage to make and stand by difficult decisions.
- Highly-skilled in influencing cross-functional teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, confident executive presence, and ability to communicate with and influence the Executive Team.
- Record of attracting and developing strong marketing talent both internally and externally.
- Proven ability to grow and develop others.
- Travel up to 25% or more, depending on business needs (Required)
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.