Director, Channel Management and Patient Support Services
POSITION SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE: The Director, Channel Management & Patient Support Services will be a key member of the Market Access Leadership Team (MALT) responsible for the development and implementation of the launch and long-term strategy of the channel strategy and provider/patient support services. This position will involve extensive coordination with the MALT, Marketing, Commercial Operations, Sales, Regulatory, Legal, Compliance, Finance, IT, external consulting groups, and vendors. This individual will build and lead Athenex Oncology’s US Managed Markets field organization. Reporting to the Vice President/Head of Market Access, s/he will be responsible for developing a strong capability within the organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and execute Athenex Oncology’s launch, long and short-term channel and provider/patient support strategies and tactics.
- Tracking and educating internal stakeholders regarding relevant trends and considerations for longer-term strategies (e.g., specialty pharmacy consolidation, copay accumulators, etc.).
- Support development, internal education, and external education of channel processes and provider/patient support resources (particularly close collaboration with marketing, sales and training).
- Oversee and develop channel and support strategies for Athenex Oncology’s future US launches including input on contracting and data capture.
- With Marketing & Training, develop and facilitate dissemination of internal and external field materials.
- Ensure provider and patient support programs are developed and implemented that will enable wide patient access and affordability to Athenex Oncology’s product portfolio.
- Lead cross-functional teams with key internal stakeholders to ensure that access strategies are implemented and tracking to established goals.
- Establish key metrics for channel and support services performance.
- Mobilize and motivate partners and internal stakeholders to ensure deliverables and expectations are met.
- Maintain excellence in team leadership, partner management, contracting, compliance and quarter end management (SOPs, work instructions, processes, governance).
- Ensure that needs of other functional areas such as Finance, Marketing, Commercial Operations, IT, etc… are met through contracts and data agreements .
- Actively participate and contribute to the MALT and all formal and informal teams.
- Demonstrate commitment and support for company and department goals, objectives and procedures.
- Represent Athenex by developing collaborative relationships with industry colleagues and vendors.
- Demonstrate professionalism and adherence to moral, ethical and quality principles
- Participate in corporate and departmental meetings.
- Comply with applicable regulations, federal and state laws, and corporate policies and procedures.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10+ years of experience in the biotech / pharmaceutical industry
- 8+ years of relevant experience within channel management (eg, specialty pharmacy) and/or patient support services
- Oral oncology launch experience strongly desired
- Specialty data aggregation expertise strongly desired
- Experience with an emerging commercial company is valued
- Experience building and leading teams is preferred
- Prior experience working in a channel/support role with specialty biotech/pharmaceutical products
- Extensive knowledge of distribution/channel strategy, provider and patient support services, patient financial and adherence support required.
- Strong decision-making skills and ability to communicate issues effectively to senior leadership
- Ability to take initiative and act independently exercising strong business judgement within the scope of the role.
- Ability to detect, analyze, and resolve complex issues inherent in managing distribution models for multiple brands.
- Excellent leadership, management and organizational skills, along with problem solving, conflict resolution and team building.
- Must demonstrate highly refined analytic and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment.
- Must be able to travel nationally as needed – could be 40% or more depending on business needs.
- Required travel: 40% or more, depending on business needs
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.