Senior Director, Program Management
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Provides global program management and matrixed leadership to global, cross-functional, cross-divisional teams to drive development and deliver results in early to late-phase pipeline or marketed assets. Responsibilities include providing strategic direction and translating the cross-divisional, integrated cross-functional global launch team strategy into an efficiently executable plan; predicting and planning solutions to achieve program goals and objectives; driving clarity and removing barriers to ensure team success; interfacing with management and influencing decision-making, proactive management and mitigation of development risks, and ensuring appropriate communication and interface with internal governance. Works closely with the Global Commercial Leader (GCL), as well as Chief Medical Officer (CMO), Medical, Clinical, Supply Chain, and other Commercial functions to ensure that the scientific and commercial strategies are incorporated into the asset strategy and integrated development plan. This role may be responsible to lead key initiatives that have cross-functional or cross-divisional impact that are critical to the objectives of the organization and/or global business objectives. Identifies and drives innovative process improvements with significant organizational impact and manages, as needed, non-project responsibilities, which can include processes and system optimizations.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
· Partner with functional leads to develop and maintain the asset strategy and integrated development plan in conjunction with organizational and commercial strategy, lifecycle management requirements, and evidence generation/publication needs.
· Proactively identify resource requirements necessary to progress asset development in alignment with business strategic objectives.
· Drive clarity cross-functionally to communicate asset strategic imperatives to ensure appropriate prioritization.
· Identify ways to optimize program execution without compromise to patients or compliance.
· Accountable to maintain the integrated program level plan, ensuring delivery of critical path activities to progress asset development.
· Ensures asset strategy and integrated development plan have a patient-centric focus,
incorporates innovative approaches that are meaningful to patients, HCPs, regulators & payers, and adhere to the highest standards of operational excellence in drug development and life cycle management.
· Manages the global product launch forum to ensure progress of asset development. This includes establishing meeting agendas, facilitating team discussions, and driving to clear and timely team actions and decisions.
· Partners with the Commercial Lead to provide financial oversight of the program including global, cross-divisional budgets. Includes consolidation, vetting and prioritization of GPT spending to deliver critical path activities.
· Proactively addresses and removes barriers to program progress, keeping leadership informed of critical considerations (e.g., resources, performance).
· Proactively identify potential issues or obstacles and achieves resolution or plans contingencies. Follow issues through to resolution ensuring that all key stakeholders are informed of outcomes and program implications.
· Provides clarity and direction in urgent or unexpected situations. Independently resolves complex issues and competing priorities that may impact achievement of goals, creates mitigation plans and drives to resolution.
· Manages scheduled and ad-hoc program status reporting, citing progress to program goals/KPIs, proactively identifying risk with planned mitigation(s), and providing rationale for timeline and budget variances.
· Participate in annual portfolio analyses to communicate program development progress, opportunities, and risks to Senior & Executive Management.
· Responsible for leading preparation efforts for governance engagement to support and drive asset objectives and deliverables.
· Facilitates relevant communications to appropriate cross-regional, cross-functional, cross-divisional and Alliance partners
Required Education & Qualifications
· Minimum of bachelor’s degree in life-science or business-related field required; advanced degree in science or business preferred
· Minimum of 10 years of in- depth pharmaceutical industry experience and drug development in all phases of development with significant experience within related functions (e.g. Clinical Science, Clinical Operations, Research, Regulatory, CMC, Marketing)
· 6 to 8 years of program management experience, leading complex pharmaceutical projects in a multi-disciplinary, global environment preferred
· Project Management Professional certification with PMI desired
· Demonstrated ability to positively influence outcomes, key project decisions, and strategic problem-solving
· Proven ability to communicate clearly and present key information objectively to all levels of the organization including executive management
· Excellent analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to successfully work and thrive in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
· Willing to travel 10% domestically and international
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.