Director, Business Insights and Analytics
POSITION OBJECTIVE: The Director, Commercial Insights & Analytics will serve as the subject matter expert and champion for coordinating analytics across the commercial functions. This role will develop the commercial insights and analytics for pre-launch and launch of oral paclitaxel and oncology pipeline products by providing objective, in-depth analyses of the market, performance tracking of products in the therapeutic space, customers and competitors, as well as leading the forecast process. This role will lead the efforts to generate critical customer (HCP, Payer, and Patient) insights partnering closely with the marketing team. Working with the U.S. Leadership Team, this role will lead all aspects of the Commercial Insights & Analytics organization for the US and help develop launch strategies for oral paclitaxel as well as oncology pipeline products globally. Full budget responsibility for US Insights & Analytics.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
· Hire, develop and lead a best-in-class commercial insights and analytics team capable of delivering a successful launch of (product) in the US
· Develop and execute market research plan using primary and secondary sources to support launch planning
· Conduct qualitative and quantitative primary market research in order to generate actionable customer insights
· Provide recommendations on market data purchases and required market research to define customer segmentation for effective and efficient targeting by commercial functions
· Create and manage the brand forecast and develop launch performance dashboards to meet the needs of the BU strategic goals
· Forge strategic partnerships with internal and external customers, vendors and extended team members
· Synthesize data sets for relevant stakeholders to identify critical business issues, and provide actionable insights and recommendations
· Support marketing, sales, market access and patient services with performance metrics and forecasting
· Oversee competitive data monitoring and share insights with cross-functional teams
· Prepare and manage budgets for market research, forecasting, commercial analytics and competitive intelligence working closely with cross-functional partners
Required Education & Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
· Product launch experience
· Oncology experience preferred
· Minimum of 7 years of experience in commercial insights & analytics, and possess a background that demonstrates expertise in market research, forecasting and competitive intelligence
· Direct experience working with primary and secondary healthcare data
· Previous experience developing and executing comprehensive market research plans to support launch of products
· Experience developing and using Excel-based models
· Previous experience leading teams, including cross-functional teams
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically, identify key issues and value drivers, and translate strategic insights into appropriate analytical frameworks
· General office environment. No special physical demands required.
· Required to travel about 25%; domestic, possibly international
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.