Senior Product Manager, Market Access & Patient Support
POSITION OBJECTIVE: The Senior Product Manager, Market Access and Patient Support will be responsible for internal and external education and promotion of Athenex’s Market Access marketing strategies and support programs including channel partners, and patient services programs. The individual in this role will collaborate with cross-functional partners to (1) optimize the awareness, understanding and utilization of Athenex’s support programs and resources (including preferred channel partners) and (2) appropriately promote Athenex Oncology and its’ products with payer Health Care Decision Makers (HCDMs). This position will enhance and implement new programs that support the brand strategy and reduce real and perceived patient access barriers and will also support the trade organization to ensure the seamless implantation and pull through of market access tactics across the distribution channels.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Develop and execute tactics to support appropriate coverage, reimbursement, and access to all Athenex Oncology products across all payer customer groups (e.g., PBMs, IDNs, at-risk physician groups) Translate the payer strategy to key strategic initiatives. Revise and update tactics as needed.
- Leads the development of the promotional plan, materials, programs, and tactics to promote and pull-through market access strategy (eg. patient starter kits, patient/HCP support website, educational programs, selling resources/tools, and field execution & integration)
- Assure that key stakeholders (HCPs, patients, SPPs, etc.) are aware of, understand and utilize company patient and provider support programs and resources
- Collaborates with others to identify best practices in market access solutions and support programs to be leveraged across portfolios
- In collaboration with Market Access partners, develops, and refines patient support program business rules, reference, and operational materials
- Acting as the lead for Market Access, marketing develops training and pull-through tactics for all field facing teams
- Leads materials through legal and regulatory review process
- Contributes to Brand planning as it relates to critical success factors that may be supported by patient access programs or specialty pharmacy interventions
- Represents program performance in scheduled Brand reviews and sales meetings
- Liaises with the data operations team to support organizational data requirements available through programs
- Agency management including a comprehensive resource plan and budget and execute against development and approval of new resources and budget utilization.
- Manages access/promotional relationships with key industry organizations such as PCMA, NCODA, ACCC, COA, AMCP, etc.
- Responsible for assuring optimal inclusion and interface with electronic health record systems
- Understand evolution of payer needs and impact of environmental factors on payer segments (legislative, economic, clinical, advocacy) to develop proactive tools and resources addressing customer needs.
- Collaborates with cross-functional team to identify rich market insights across patients, providers, and payers to inform market access strategies, associated forecast assumptions, and aligned messaging across segments
- Establish key business metrics to measure success and execution
- Partner with Health Economic Outcomes and Medical Affairs colleagues to develop and communicate an optimal value proposition for all Athenex products
Required Education & Qualifications
- BA/BS degree; MBA preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry with specific market access experience
- Strong understanding of the US payer environment, Payer, PBM, and Provider System market dynamics, payer marketing principles and how market access organizations and at-risk networks make decisions across private & public channels
- Capability to bridge payer marketing and science to determine most compelling ways in which to demonstrate and communicate product value to customers
- Previous launch experience
- Oncology and or rare disease experience preferred
- Strong strategic thinking skills, crafting innovative options, solving problems, and prioritizing projects
- Ability to work cross-functionally across all levels of an organization with proven ability to advance and complete projects required
- Demonstrated ability to bring structure to vaguely defined problems, pragmatically scope problem solving approach, and manage execution
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and strong business acumen skills are required to effectively interact and influence stakeholders
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.