Human Resources Generalist
POSITION: Our Human Resources Generalist is a high energy professional who is responsible for performing and supporting Human Resources related activities for our WNY locations. The HR Generalist will be responsible for recruitment, employee onboarding, benefits and leave administration, employee relations, legal compliance, HRIS/payroll support and performance management for our organization.
This role will be based in our manufacturing facility in Dunkirk, New York, with occasional travel to other WNY Athenex locations.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Conducts recruitment efforts for the organization, including interviewing and selection of candidates to fill vacant positions. Attends career fairs and events. Maintains candidate and management communication and updates.
- Supports and administers onboarding processes of new employees
- Informs employees of company policies, procedures, and programs through such means as employee handbooks, sample plan descriptions, emails, informational meetings – virtual or in person, etc.
- Supports benefits and leave administration, reviews invoices for accuracy and communicates benefits information and updates to employees.
- Counsels employees on matters relating to their employment at the company.
- Investigates causes of disputes and employee disciplinary problems; recommends follow-up progressive disciplinary action to management according to established company policy.
- Maintains company's compliance with various governmental regulations affecting employment (i.e. EEO, FLSA, ADA, etc.).
- Supports our comprehensive human capital management (HCM) system for all employee information needs; assists with organizing and reporting of data
- Supports the coordination of various company-sponsored employee events and programs
- Provides general Human Resources research and support as needed
- Other projects as may be assigned
Required Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a corporate Human Resources function with a focus on recruiting is required
- Experience with Dayforce or related HRIS is preferred
- Must have the ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Professional and adaptable communication skills with initiative, integrity and a strong work ethic are also required for success in this role
- Ability to exercise sound decision making skills in relation to HR practices
- Knowledge of multi-state and international Human Resources preferred
- Experience working in a Life Sciences manufacturing environment desired
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- HR certification (PHR, SHRM-CP, etc.) is a plus
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.