Compounding Technician (2nd Shift)
Our Compounding Technician (Manufacturing Process Operator III) is responsible for ensuring the accurate production and documentation of pharmaceutical products and maintain a safe manufacturing environment.
This is a second shift position with the hours of 2pm to 10:30pm Monday through Friday.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Compound and package pharmaceutical products into various formats to meet company GMP & SOP requirements
- Weigh, verify, and formulate raw materials according to the Manufacturing Work Order instructions
- Manufacture bulk drug product under stringent GMP and SOP conditions
- Accurately enter manufacturing data to production documents, log books and records
- Work in an aseptic production environment
- Must be able to work in full clean room attire (i.e., full hooded cleanroom gown)
- Ensure that materials and equipment in the Manufacturing area are maintained in accordance with GMPs and SOPs
- Monitor product quality
- Read and comply with all Standard Operating Procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Participate in new product transfer programs working directly with the customer
- Assist in the creation of new manufacturing process documentation; procedures, policies and batch records
- Use all approved and issued Personal Protective Equipment as directed by policy and procedures
- Participate in training new employees
- Contribute to achieving continuous improvement
- Long periods standing in one place; processing product on moving belts
- Repetitive hip and upper body twisting movements
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs., and move materials weighing up to 400 lbs. using the appropriate equipment
- Assist in other daily activities required of the area as assigned
Required Education & Qualifications
- Minimum two (2) year technical degree is preferred. Equivalent experience will also be considered
- Minimum of five years of experience in a production or pharmaceutical environment or as a pharmacy technician.
- At least 1 year of experience working in an aseptic environment required
- Flexible with the ability to adapt, respond quickly and manage change in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills is required, with the ability to read and comprehend SOPs and other written documentation
- Able to utilize a computer for data entry is required, knowledgeable in Windows, Word, and Excel desired
- Good written and verbal communication with various organizational levels is necessary
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.